Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Trailering with OB attached?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan Clark
Captain

Member Avatar

406 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/17/2007 :  15:13:05  Show Profile
I have heard many pros & Cons about Trailering with My 9.9 hp motor attached, I have Not done it as I am not interested in replacing the Motor/motor Mount and potential hole in my stern. Is there a safe way to leave the motor on? Any Photos?. Much Thanks for your help as always...

Alan & Eileen
2001 Catalina 310 Hull #155
"Anam Cara"
ex-1987 C25 TR/SK #5612
"LEPRECHAUN"
Troy Ohio USA / Lake Erie-Catawba Island
ASA 101 103 104

"The clink of an anchor - chain, the 'Yo-Ho!' of a well time crew, the flapping of huge sails - I love all these sounds."

John 'Rob Roy' MacGregor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by - on

sweetcraft
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
816 Posts

Response Posted - 11/17/2007 :  17:18:59  Show Profile
I have protected the boat and outboard by securing motor to the lower stern gudgeon ( rudder hinge)and the motor mount. A small piece of carpet at the motor and then a line to the mast and stern pulpit to take the weight off the mount. Used only the holes already there and secured with a bungee. Tied a red flag to the outboard for keeping the close drivers aware.

The motor mount is installed with the help of others from the Forum.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

At Ease
Admiral

Members Avatar

672 Posts

Response Posted - 11/21/2007 :  17:13:47  Show Profile
I always took mine off when trailering the boat. If you got the motor very secure, so it would not bounce, it should be okay.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page