Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Update-Digital Mainsheet
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Treasurer
Roy Hinrichs

Member Avatar

USA
61 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/31/2014 :  15:18:12  Show Profile
Jim Holder, editor of our Mainsheet, is offering members a chance to experience the magazine in PDF electronic format. It can now be sent to your email. For a limited time however you can still receive a hard copy along with the electronic one. However, this may change.
At some point, you may have to choose one Or the other.
Please send me an email to treasurer@catalina-capri-25s.org.
Let me know if you want the electronic only version or both. Make sure that the email you send me is the one you want to be used.
At this point there is no reduction in membership dues if you want electronic only.
I personally think this is a great way to go especially environmentally. I have not seen the electronic issue at this point, so I am not able to comment on ease of use, etc.
Thank you.
UPDATE: I have just seen the electronic version and have 3 words:love it, love it, love it. I have read it on my Ipad and laptop. It is extremely easy and simple. It is much better than other digital magazines I read. Hats off to Jim and his staff.

Edit: fixed email link to make it work properly.

UPDATE 3-28-14. I have now been informed if a member wants both the hard and digital copy, they will be charged twice. I have now only submitted the names of those who want a digital copy only. If you want both and are willing to pay twice, please resend me an email as shown above.

Edited by - Treasurer on 03/28/2014 13:08:47

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 01/31/2014 :  18:31:50  Show Profile
In my opinion, the magazine has much more value to me if I can just flip to a physical page.

Edit: hats off to the volunteers who put out such a high quality product! I appreciate your excellent efforts! The Admiral is in business so we're always discussing the print vs digital media issue at home...

Edited by - Voyager on 02/02/2014 09:32:32
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 01/31/2014 :  20:38:30  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Personally, I prefer the Printed edition, most issues are scruffy and dog eared within a day or two.
After a couple of issues, I pass them on to the local hospital for reading material (and with a faint hope that they will inspire hope of future dreams in others.)

However, having access to past digital editions would be valuable and free up some of my cluttered desk.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 02/01/2014 :  04:57:00  Show Profile
Prefer hard copy-if digital probably would not read.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

jerlim
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1484 Posts

Response Posted - 02/02/2014 :  07:40:39  Show Profile
I prefer a printed copy, and would not get to read an e-version...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2014 :  14:23:45  Show Profile
quote:

I don't get it. You can read the online forum but would be unable to read an online digital mainsheet?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

jerlim
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1484 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2014 :  19:43:00  Show Profile
quote:

I don't get it. You can read the online forum but would be unable to read an online digital mainsheet?

Don't worry...it's probably because you're from California...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2014 :  20:26:53  Show Profile
I'm sure thats it. I don't speak stupid.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JohnP
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

1519 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2014 :  05:29:36  Show Profile
Hey Joe,

That is funny!!! How's the sailing this month in sunny SoCal?

It's been bitter cold on the right coast.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Treasurer
Roy Hinrichs

Members Avatar

USA
61 Posts

Response Posted - 02/12/2014 :  13:21:13  Show Profile
Just an update. Many of you have expressed in interest in receiving a copy of the electronic Mainsheet. Those who have do so by email as requested, have received a PDF version.
Secondly, paid members my view this version by logging into the Assn. Members Area and view back copies.
Third, Jim Holder, editor of the Mainsheet, has advise me if we get 25-50% or more members who receive the electronic version only, there will be a reduction in postage. This saving may be passed on the members.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page