Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Stand placement
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moserd
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
149 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/26/2015 :  18:33:01  Show Profile
I am about to do a bottom job on my 2005 WK. I will be doing the 'job' on the trailer but will need to drop the bunks (one side at a time) and therefore will need to place boat stands. Any advice out there on where and how many stands I should use?

BTW, the boat was previously painted in 2006 with a modified epoxy (from West Marine) and the last time I pulled the boat to wash the bottom (about 6 months ago) the only issues with wear was on the waterline. This paint really holds up; washes up with a brush and hose (not pressure washer!)

Don Moser

moserd
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
149 Posts

Response Posted - 06/04/2015 :  10:40:24  Show Profile
Solved the problem on my own; did not paint under the bunks. This paint really 'rocks'. The only part of the hull that 'really' required painting was along the waterline. So; I washed the hull; sanded with 80 Grit, washed again and painted two coats on everything I could reach. Looks great; out of the water and back in 2.5 days.

Don Moser
Go to Top of Page

gerardolau
1st Mate

Members Avatar

78 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2015 :  19:33:17  Show Profile
Hello there.. Actually im trying to put my 1995 wb on boat stands and I do need suggestions or a video thats shows where and how to remove the trailer and put the boat on the stands.. Anybody?

Thanks
Gerardo
1995 C250 WB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page