Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Raymarine Tridata ST60
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kjk
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
91 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/30/2016 :  19:12:56  Show Profile
Got one of these. My boat is a 1999 model, so I'm guessing that this was installed as original equipment. Can't find a manual earlier than 2002 on line. I want to re calibrate it, but the on line manuals have me pressing both the speed and depth buttons in for 2 seconds to bring up the calibration screen. When I press those buttons, nothing happens. The alarm is driving me nuts.

Kevin J. Kiely
Rockport, MA
1999WK
Hull # 407

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 05/31/2016 :  14:07:08  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
I've got a '97 boat so ours might be the same or similar (I've only got depth and speed), but all my manuals are on board, and I'm not likely to get down to the boat till this weekend at the earliest. I remember going through this when my depth sounder failed, but I don't remember specifics.

David
C-250 Mainsheet Editor

Sirius Lepak
1997 C-250 WK TR #271 --Seattle area Port Captain --
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 05/31/2016 :  17:21:07  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
Ha!
I think I have the same. Probably set the depth in 97'.
Will look for my manual when get back on board.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 05/31/2016 :  17:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage
Kevin,
I found the following;

http://www.alisonosinski.com/?p=191

Although it also says to hold the speed and depth buttons it says to shut an alarm off you do the following.

"To turn an alarm on or off, hold down the “reset” button for 2 seconds. To adjust an alarm value, simultaneously press the “trip” and “reset” buttons, then increase the value by pressing the “trip” button, and decrease the value by pressing the “reset” button. To exit the adjustment mode, simultaneously press the “trip” and “reset” buttons."

One thing you might want to check is that you are in the "depth" mode when trying to adjust (calculate) the depth.

Hope that is of some help.

John Gisondi
Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

kjk
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
91 Posts

Response Posted - 05/31/2016 :  18:25:11  Show Profile
I've been pressing various buttons looking for a solution. I'll try your sequence, but the site also has the same calibration entrance, the two buttons that, for me, don't get me that screen shot. The water temperature is in Celsius, because it was originally calibrated in England and I'm wondering if the depth is in meters. Bloody English...a common people separated by a single language.

Kevin J. Kiely
Rockport, MA
1999WK
Hull # 407
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page