Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Hull 922 - Whale Galley Foot Pump
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carl in LA
Captain

Member Avatar

USA
284 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/26/2017 :  19:27:18  Show Profile
As Hull 922 is new to me there have been several areas that needed attention for comfort and convenience. Being able to wash two hands at the same time is important to me.

A foot pump is the answer.

Procured a Whale Galley Foot Pump and mounted by drilling a 1-1/4-inch hole on the side of the galley... and mounted the pump below the shelf in the locker.

I replaced the stock water hose with soft clear 1/2-inch hose and connected to the existing surface mounted hand pump.

Works as expected - the Whale is a double-through pump so water flows on both the down and up stroke. The hand operated pump still works which is a plus.

Cool.

Catalina 250 - Pretty Good Boat

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 04/27/2017 :  09:38:50  Show Profile
Good choice! You don't have to pump them very hard to get a strong water flow. My C&C has one to pump fresh water in the galley sink and one to pump melted ice water out of the ice box. Just don't forget to winterize it by pumping a little RV Antifreeze through it.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

gosenbach
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
30 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2017 :  13:16:32  Show Profile
Slightly off topic.. But related the galley.

I own 971, looks like the same vintage as yours. How is your stove mounted? Mine came to me with a brand new, stand alone princess stove in a case. No mounted stove. I have a space where I believe the stove is supposed to be mounted under a cutting board thing over the alcove (cooler space). Although I am not sure if a) the original owner ordered the boat minus the stove or b) The stove was removed for some reason and the second owner (I am the 3rd owner) bought the portable stove because the boat didn't have one. I would like a hard mounted stove but pictures online of the stove mounting for the later vintage of 250 are a bit difficult to find. 971 is a MKII WK.

Gregory
(Catalina 250 MkII WK #971)
Go to Top of Page

Carl in LA
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
284 Posts

Response Posted - 04/29/2017 :  21:23:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

Good choice! Just don't forget to winterize it by pumping a little RV Antifreeze through it.

I'll have to remember that... LA coastline is pretty much freeze proof but if I haul it somewhere - or if I sell it to someone who lives in a freeze area they will have to remember.

Go to Top of Page

Carl in LA
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
284 Posts

Response Posted - 04/29/2017 :  21:28:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gosenbach

Slightly off topic..

Mine came to me with a brand new, stand alone princess stove in a case.

922 has the drop-in Princess range that is no longer manufactured. While I have only turned on the burner twice - my first impression is that I like it.

Perhaps you have a lot of choices to purchase a modern drop-in - or just use the stand alone.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page