Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Odd electrical issues
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FrankV
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
133 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/15/2018 :  18:45:42  Show Profile
My boat is wired for two batteries with a guest charger. We have noticed that when sailing at night the running lights will go out, or the power to the binnacle instruments goes out. Then it goes back on. The radio and interior lights stay on. Any ideas?

Frank Vaughan
250 WK/SR

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3367 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2018 :  03:24:32  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage
I would not think that your issues have anything to do with the charger since you are running on DC voltage from the battery while sailing. If you had a short, loose connection or some corrosion on the battery cables or main leads then your radio and interior lights would be affected as well as the nav lights. So, it would seem that the leads to either the back of the switch panel and/or the negative bus bar for your nav lights and instruments are likely the cause of intermittent power to those circuits. For starters, I would at least check the back of the panel and disconnect and reconnect those wires to the panel and same goes for the related leads to your bus bar. Then see if you still have same issue.

Larry
'89 Robin's Nest#5820, Potomac River/Quantico, Va
http://catalina25.homestead.com/olarryr.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page