Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Heave-To in Swing Keel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 08/23/2018 :  18:06:57  Show Profile
Drop the main, roll up the headsail and enjoy lunch. Ba da bing, ba da boom! LOL

Ready to sail again, roll out the headsail, get some headway, raise the main, (or not) and go sailing.

I don't even remember the last time I raised my main. Boat goes almost as fast and it's a lot less work once you get done. With the furler it's almost as easy as a stinkpotter.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX

Edited by - GaryB on 08/23/2018 18:09:49
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 08/26/2018 :  21:19:15  Show Profile
Funny you would use that term... I've been a fan of "roller-genny-alone" sailing on a C-25 for years. "Pull one string and you're sailing, pull another and you're not." But now I'm a $+!nkp*++er, so it's "turn the key...." and places are within easy reach. I know, "You can get there faster on a powerboat--on a sailboat, you're already there." But when "there" is 20, 30, 50, or 100 miles away, wind on the nose........

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 08/27/2018 :  17:12:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

Funny you would use that term... I've been a fan of "roller-genny-alone" sailing on a C-25 for years. "Pull one string and you're sailing, pull another and you're not." But now I'm a $+!nkp*++er, so it's "turn the key...." and places are within easy reach. I know, "You can get there faster on a powerboat--on a sailboat, you're already there." But when "there" is 20, 30, 50, or 100 miles away, wind on the nose........

Yep, can't argue with anything you said. More and more I wish I still had a key to turn and go quick where I want to go, and a Hobie 16 to sail for fun.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 08/29/2018 :  04:49:21  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
quote:

More and more I wish I still had a key to turn and go quick where I want to go

Where I am, there are very few places I can get to by powerboat that I cant get to faster by car , and a lot cheaper! Most of the boats where I am never leave the dock! i'm sure fuel cost has something to do with that.

Todd Lewis
Eowyn 87 TR/WK C25 #5656
ARWEN 84 TR/SK C25 #4031
www.mainsailsailingschool.com
Go to Top of Page

sethp001
Mainsheet C-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

814 Posts

Response Posted - 08/31/2018 :  21:43:59  Show Profile
When you guys are sailing under a foresail only, is using a genoa crucial (or a roller-furling jib let all the way out)? Islander posted a photo last year of sailing under a genoa only.

I know many of you do this but I haven't tried it. I was expecting terrible lee helm under foresail alone. Maybe it would be bad with a jib or working sail, but works well with a genoa?

Seth
"Outlier" 1987 Catalina 25 SR/SK/Traditional Interior #5541
"Zoo" 1977 Morgan Out Island 30
"Nomad" 1980 Prindle 16
"Lost" 1988 Catalina Capri 14.2 (sold - yay!)
"Marine Tex 1" Unknown Origin POS 8' Fiberglass Dinghy
https://whichsailboat.com/2014/07/27/catalina-25-review/

Edited by - sethp001 on 08/31/2018 21:45:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page