Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 rudder skin cracking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 03/09/2019 :  04:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, you must have gotten lucky with the fit. I have a woman with an 89 in my yard that I help with spring commissioning. I also measured her pintles and found them to be spaced differently. I guess not all Catalina's were built identical.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 03/09/2019 :  06:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard to account for the difference. 1988-89 models were very different from earlier models and might have used different templates. My boat was a 1981 model, and the replacement rudder that I bought was a later version balanced rudder, and it fit perfectly, so I think there was some consistency among the older models. Maybe an employee got sloppy or lazy and didn't use the template on one of the 88 or 89 boats. The C25s were production boats and theoretically should have been built using the same templates, but that doesn't mean they all were.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 03/09/2019 :  07:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might be true assuming they even used a template or it was just left up to the worker to eyeball it. Different workers through the years with each using his own method
Anything is possible.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page