Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Water Leak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryJ
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
1 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/28/2020 :  15:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1995 Catalina 250
I am experiencing a water leak starboard side in the cabin behind the starboard side seat cushion

The window appears sealed and the water does not appear to be coming from the above jib track

I also do not see any water tracks

Any suggestions

Larry # 26

wm36
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
69 Posts

Response Posted - 05/28/2020 :  19:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I had a leak in my 250. I would find water on the galley countertop. No deck protrusions in the area. Came to the conclusion I was getting condensation on the roof and it was dripping on the counter. I started keeping DriZAir on board between visits and it stopped happening.

Wayne & Lynn
Hillsboro OR
1995 C250 WB #151
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 05/28/2020 :  22:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the moisture on the top or under the cushion? A few parallel colored chalk lines, perpendicular to suspected water flows in suspicious areas might help sleuth out the source. The slightest trickle will wash little parts of them away, pointing to culprit.

If it's condensation (a real issue in boat cabins), I suggest a solar vent (Nicro or Marinco) to exhaust moist daytime air at night from the cabin, drawing in air that has lost its moisture outside as dew. It works, and keeps down mildew in cushions and on surfaces. And the "solar" part means no wiring or battery drain.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 05/28/2020 22:14:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page