Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 South Jersey and Barnegat Bay
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captmorgan
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
220 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/28/2017 :  23:05:16  Show Profile
I kept my boat on the forked river this summer and sailed her north on the Barnegat bay. It was nice a little busy but nice.

This summer I'm renting a place on Lovely Ladies Harbor just north of Harvey Cedars. I have a swing keel . How far south can you go and are there some interesting day sails out of there. I wasnt planning going out in the blue water Im just wondering if there is sailing or exploration on the south bay

"The Gal-Way" 1985 SR/SK Barnegat Bay, NJ

Enjoy Sailing =) Be Safe

Happy Sailing - John

Photo Album

JohnP
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

1519 Posts

Response Posted - 02/02/2017 :  09:15:30  Show Profile
Hey John -

I haven't sailed there, but you could get some info from old postings.

There seem to be no Barnegat Bay sailors currently using the Association Forum, but there have been several in the past. You could search for "Barnegat" in any forum and you will find postings from Pfduffy in 2013, Cate in 2006, and so forth.

The discussions often revolved around the skinny water in the Barnegat Bay, the strong tidal currents near the inlets, and marinas nearby.

Happy sailing!

JohnP
1978 C25 SR/FK "Gypsy"
Mill Creek off the Magothy River, Chesapeake Bay
Port Captain, northern Chesapeake Bay
Go to Top of Page

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 05/28/2017 :  19:24:04  Show Profile
Love Ladies and Harvey Cedars are great places -- I have not sailed off LBI but spent many summers there, and rented power boats to fish and play. My observation is that there are many sailboats, most under 30 ft, that sail in that area so I would think that a swing keel would have no problems. You may want to contact some of the local yacht clubs to ask for guidance. I know that Spray Beach YC has a very active sailing program. It is south of LL/HC closer to the cause way but I would bet they know the area well. Have fun!

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT

Edited by - bigelowp on 05/28/2017 19:24:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page