Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Plugging holes above the waterline
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yachtsea
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
73 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/26/2019 :  13:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahoy!

Spring is upon us, and regionally-appropriate, boats are in their driveways getting due attention such as my beloved Anodyne (SR,SK, Dinette config). Last year I installed the gas assist struts for the pop-top and that effectively advanced the top from its resting position (down) 2mm. This morning, I found it preferable to relocate the anchor U brackets rather than drill new holes in the pop-top. I successfully avoided joining the new holes to the old holes and we're now sucking down the pop-top with rotational force; however, there are four abandoned holes. Granted, when all is well, they are above the waterline, inside the cabin but they are holes nonetheless and I don't like open holes. Tacky and straight shot to the core.

What do I use to fill these voids?

Thanks much,

Carl

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 04/26/2019 :  14:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The general-purpose answer is Marine Tex, which is a 2-part epoxy putty that is easy to form in holes (without running out) and is white after it sets up. Another is Pettit Easy-Tex, which comes in little tubes--putty and hardener. If you want the surface to be a little prettier, cover with some one-part gelcoat patch like this:

If the hole is tiny enough, you can use the patch by itself--it's somewhat viscous.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 04/26/2019 14:22:46
Go to Top of Page

yachtsea
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
73 Posts

Response Posted - 05/16/2019 :  15:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Capt. Dave,

Thanks,

Carl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page