Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Catalina Sail Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/16/2020 :  12:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I’d posted during the summer, seems that Catalina Direct is concluding their 12.5% off sales shortly. I don’t represent the sellers in any way, but letting folks know about the opportunity.

Here’s part of the note from Lowell at CD

12.5% Discount Ending Soon
Thanks to you, our sail loft is absolutely slammed with orders. The 12.5% discount can't last forever though. Be sure to place your order by October 20th to catch it while it's running.

Measurements
If you need a furling heads'l, we occasionally need a measurement or two to complete your order. Give us a call today as this is the last weekend you'll have to measure.

Order now at catalinadirect.com
or call 1-800-959-7245.

High Quality, Low Price.
Usually, a Catalina owner is limited to two choices when it comes to purchasing new sails. Either buy cheap, imported sails, whose quality leaves something to be desired, or "break the bank" with custom sails from a local loft with a cost that is hard to swallow. We are proud to provide an alternative which offers the best cost to value ratio.

Catalina Direct Offshore Sails are both beautiful and designed for a long life. Our special partnership with Ullman Sails allows us to specify the exact sail shape as well as the manufacturer, type and weight of sailcloth.

We use primarily Dimension-Polyant sailcloth, or on occasion, when cloth weight demands it, we may use cloth by Contender. Dimension is a German company with production facilities in Germany and the US. Contender, based in the Netherlands, has locations in the US and worldwide. Both companies manufacture high quality, premium Dacron sailcloth.

Experience Meets Technology.
After decades overseeing production at Catalina's factory sail loft, our sailmaker at Ullman Sails has unsurpassed experience building sails for Catalina owners. These sails are designed in California using state of the art computer modeling, sewn with two rows of strong tri-step stitching, and shipped to you in a high quality sail bag with your mains'l numbers pre-installed.

Catalina Direct makes it easy.
In most cases, custom quality sails require a sailmaker to visit your boat and take many different measurements. Since we specialize in Catalina Yachts, we know the specifications of your stock Catalina intimately, and typically don’t need measurements*.

Patience is Virtue...
...and now it can save you money too! The secret ingredient in this deal is timing. We give our sail loft extra production time, then we pass the savings on to you. You'll have to wait a little longer but your patience will be rewarded. Order now to save money and get your sails well before the start of the season for a smooth spring launch.

How to Order:
Call us at (800) 959-7245 or visit our website.

Order through Oct. 20th for delivery in early April and get a 12.5% Discount.

Order through Nov. 3rd for delivery by the end of April and get a 10% Discount.

The Fine Print:
As soon as we receive your order we will call you with a quote for UPS shipping from our Southern California loft. A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed with your order, the balance will be billed when your sail ships.

Wishing you Fair Winds from the Catalina Direct Crew!

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 10/19/2020 :  10:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well since my old tired, dirty blown out sails look like they are on there last gasp of air I took advantage of this sale and bought myself a new 135 RF headsail and a new loose footed main. They are the offshore ones. 6.4oz cloth with the usual bells and whistles. They have all the measurements so you just tell them what RF you have and that's it. No need to go and measure anything. I did ask them to change the slug attachment from being sewn on to the SS shackles that can be changed out on the fly if you break a slug. Much better IMO. With all the crap that's going on I say "Treat yourself well!"

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 10/19/2020 :  18:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Scott, I agree completely “Given all that’s going on - treat yourself well”
I’m going to take time this winter to refurbish my cabin, from stem to stern. New cushions, refinish the bulkheads and cabinets, clean up the bilges, clean out and organize the storage locations, replace the hoses and through hulls.
I want Passage to sparkle once again...

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 10/27/2020 :  13:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sails are made by Ullman Ventura -- the loft that has supported Catalina Yachts from the beginning. Gary Swenson probably knows more about sails for our boats than anyone: a great resource!

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page