Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 2 Questions about my new-to-me boat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roamer
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/17/2018 :  20:19:23  Show Profile
I've been going through my boat cleaning and inspecting, replacing old rope, etc. I found the original Catalina Yachts nameplate in the back of a drawer, but have no idea where it was originally installed. Also, it looks like it had some paint down in the lettering, but it's all gone now. What did they originally look like? And here's a dumb question: I have the old Aqua Signal series 25 anchor light on top of the mast. I can't get the light open, and can't find any instructions anywhere. What's the trick?

Thx, Roamer

fadeaway: 1984 TR/FK Trad

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 09/18/2018 :  04:42:27  Show Profile
If its the metal plate it should have the boats VIN# on it also. Its mounted to the transom below the tiller. you can see it in this photo. The aqua signal light at the top of the mast Just unscrews by grabbing the black top cap and clear lens and turning it. It should unscrew from the black base. Might be a little stuck so some WD40 might help.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Edited by - islander on 09/18/2018 05:14:45
Go to Top of Page

keats
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
215 Posts

Response Posted - 09/18/2018 :  07:40:33  Show Profile
Good time to replace that festoon bulb with an LED. Costs a few bucks but you'll never have to worry about it burning out.

Tim Keating
1985 C-25 TR/FK #4940
Midsummer
Lake Don Pedro, CA
Go to Top of Page

sethp001
Mainsheet C-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

814 Posts

Response Posted - 09/18/2018 :  09:10:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by islander

If its the metal plate it should have the boats VIN# on it also. Its mounted to the transom below the tiller. you can see it in this photo. The aqua signal light at the top of the mast Just unscrews by grabbing the black top cap and clear lens and turning it. It should unscrew from the black base. Might be a little stuck so some WD40 might help.

Scott, I'm always impressed with how clean your boat is whenever you post a photo. I often get to my boat and it looks like a garbage scow. Maybe I'm too close to trees... How often do clean your deck to keep it looking so nice?

Seth
"Outlier" 1987 Catalina 25 SR/SK/Traditional Interior #5541
"Zoo" 1977 Morgan Out Island 30
"Nomad" 1980 Prindle 16
"Lost" 1988 Catalina Capri 14.2 (sold - yay!)
"Marine Tex 1" Unknown Origin POS 8' Fiberglass Dinghy
https://whichsailboat.com/2014/07/27/catalina-25-review/
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 09/18/2018 :  10:26:43  Show Profile
Seth, Thanks. Usually I wash it when it's first put in then once or twice during the season then again just before haul out. I'm retired so it gives me something to do when there's no wind. Keep in mind that photos hide many ills!

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page

Roamer
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 09/19/2018 :  07:48:27  Show Profile
Thx for the advice. Got cap off anchor light with WD40. One wire not connected, bulb broken, corroded. Replacing.

fadeaway: 1984 TR/FK Trad
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 09/19/2018 :  17:17:14  Show Profile
The replacement fixtures are relatively inexpensive. It’s well worth the cost because taking down the mast is such a royal pain!

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page