Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Running Lines in Mast Routing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rhs944 Posted - 05/10/2022 : 10:02:22
Still learning my boat. I have a 1999 C250. The Jib and Main Haylards are run through the mast. The main exist the mast on starboard, while the jib exist on the port. The exits are just slots in the mast, approximately 3" long. There are also two other holes in the mast, opposite each other, about 3 feet up the mast. These are about an 1-1 1/2" long. I'm not sure how to paste a photo of them, but there are two pop rivet's on either side of the openings. What are they for? I didn't see anything in the manual related to them.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TakeFive Posted - 05/10/2022 : 11:01:05
They are for "baby stays" that keep the mast in column when raising/dropping the mast for trailering or storage. They connect with toggles in the slots on the mast, and the other ends connect to the little bails at the base of your middle stanchions. They may have come with the boat if you have a trailer. My boat did not have them, so rather than have some custom made, I just used ratchet straps that I adjusted manually each time I used them.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page