Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Parting out C25 - Muskegon, MI

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
captnamo Posted - 04/04/2022 : 10:00:35
"Serenity" and her cradle took a tumble in December winds. Trying to sell her parts 'n pieces to help finance her replacement. She's a 1980 fin keel boat. Three-foot crack in her side. Looks superficial to me, but Torreson's Marine estimated $14,000 repair from looking at pics of the damage. Handy with fiberglass?

Sails: Crisp main and very good 140? genoa. Cleaned and inspected over winter. Mast & shrouds & newer halyards? Rudder/tiller? Winches, maybe original? Setee boards an cushions? Manual bilge pump, new diaphragms last year? Compass? Anything else you can think of?

--Steve
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Happy D Posted - 11/27/2023 : 08:10:43
Steve,
I sent you an email.
Dan
Stinkpotter Posted - 10/12/2023 : 21:49:39
Re: rudder ("standard" or "balanced")... The original rudder in 1980 is fiberglass with straight edges forward and aft. The newer "balanced" rudders have a step on the forward edge so that part of the area of the blade is forward of an imaginary line through the pintles. Some balanced rudders are fiberglass shells over foam or a skeleton, and some are solid HDPE plastic. Many owners have replaced the "unbalanced" originals with the balanced designs--sometimes due to the original one breaking off at the lower pintle because of rot in the wooden core in the head of the rudder. A balanced rudder could be attractive for sale.
mga Posted - 10/12/2023 : 20:16:03
If you still are considering parting out your boat, I desperately need a bow pulpit for my 1989 Cat-25. Please let me know -- I'm located in MI and can come for it any time. Thanks.
captnamo Posted - 04/14/2022 : 03:32:56
I'm sorry for any confusion and some not being able to find the facebook post. My intention was to post items one by one and ask for offers on each as I've taken them off the boat (since I have no idea what stuff might be worth). Several folks have expressed interest in certain items. But, I am now holding out some hope that I might find another C25 to take my broken boat's place.

Funny (not funny) how you don't realize what you have until it's gone.

So, between never having done this before and the trauma of parting out the boat, I've not been a very good seller. Please forgive me?

Moving forward, I think the best thing for me to do will be to post individual items on the forum swap meet and on the facebook group as I have them in hand and am ready to sell them.

Hope that makes sense. Keep your eyes open for future posts. I do appreciate your interest. Thanks.

--Steve
GaryB Posted - 04/13/2022 : 11:02:45
quote:
Originally posted by captnamo

quote:
Originally posted by GaryB

I'm interested in the tiller.

If you have a standard rig I'm interested in the main. If you have roller furler I may be interested in the 140 genoa.

Do you have a tiller cover and main sail cover?

What about a bimini?

If the cabin top hand rails are seven loop I may be interested in those as well.

I probably posted prematurely and made the mistake of also posting in Catalina 25 facebook group, where there's been a lot of interest. I think it will be best to just post an item for sale there once I have pics and such. See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/617580098259588/?multi_permalinks=7948771831807008¬if_id=1648522645168233¬if_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

F Y I:
standard rig and Genoa is roller, not hank on.
Do you have a tiller cover and main sail cover? Main cover will go with the sails. No tiller cover.

What about a bimini? Nope.

If the cabin top hand rails are seven loop I may be interested in those as well. I believe they are and will check.

I can't seem to find the page on Facebook listing the items for sale.

I'm still interested in the tiller and sails if they are still available.

I sent you an email thru this forum several days ago. Not sure it went thru.

If you like you can contact me at 21sorrento at gmail
bigelowp Posted - 04/11/2022 : 16:57:50
Everyone has a first, thanks for the info!
captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 19:11:29
quote:
Originally posted by bigelowp

Steve N -- sometimes when parting out they list the available parts. In your case might be expedite interest and results!

Yeah, not having done this before, I probably posted prematurely and made the mistake of posting here and on facebook. I'm going to just post to facebook as I have items available and, not knowing what this stuff is worth, I'll just accept the best offer for each item.

Here's the group's facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/617580098259588/?multi_permalinks=7948771831807008¬if_id=1648522645168233¬if_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

This process has been a little more traumatic than I expected. Excuse me for fumbling around at this. =o(
captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 19:06:04
quote:
Originally posted by GaryB

If you have a standard rig I'm interested in the main. If you have roller furler I may be interested in the 140 genoa.

What about a bimini?

If the cabin top hand rails are seven loop I may be interested in those as well.

I probably posted prematurely and made the mistake of also posting in Catalina 25 facebook group, where there's been a lot of interest. I think it will be best to just post an item for sale there once I have pics and such. See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/617580098259588/?multi_permalinks=7948771831807008¬if_id=1648522645168233¬if_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

F Y I:
standard rig and Genoa is roller, not hank on.
Do you have a tiller cover and main sail cover? Main cover will go with the sails. No tiller cover.

What about a bimini? Nope.

If the cabin top hand rails are seven loop I may be interested in those as well. I believe they are and will check.
captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 18:52:24
quote:
Originally posted by Voyager

Steve, sorry to hear about the accident.
Regarding the boat what’s the configuration? Standard rig or tall rig?
Cabin: two settees (port and starboard) or dinette setup?
Does your boat have a furler for the Genoa, or is it a hank-on jib?
How many reef points in the mainsail?
What type of rudder does it have? Standard or balanced?
Do you have a permanently installed head or a portable potty?
Cook-top/stove type?
How are the portlights and windows? Tight or leaky?
Forward hatch okay?
Bow and stern pulpits?
Any bimini or dodger?
Slider top in good condition? How about the brightwork?
Deck clutches for halyards and reefing lines?
Radio, VHF, marine electronics, gps?
I could go on …

Thanks! Never done this before. So, as an F Y I. . . . .
Standard Rig
Cabin: Rare port-side L-shaped settees around the table.
Genoa is roller furler, not hank-on. Furler itself is damaged.
Two reef points in the mainsail
What type of rudder does it have? Standard or balanced? Don't know the difference, sorry, but presume it's standard.
Raritan marine head, just replaced the inlet valve.
No Cook-top/stove.
How are the portlights and windows? Tight or leaky? Leaky, but I have a gasket kit that never got installed.
Forward hatch okay? Yep
Bow and stern pulpits? Stern available.
Any bimini or dodger? None.
Slider top in good condition? Not sure how to grade it. It works.
Deck clutches for halyards and reefing lines? No reefing lines, one halyard clutch.
Radio, VHF, marine electronics, gps? May be saving for the next boat.
bigelowp Posted - 04/06/2022 : 18:17:47
Steve N -- sometimes when parting out they list the available parts. In your case might be expedite interest and results!
Volksaholic Posted - 04/06/2022 : 09:48:30
If it's a Tall Rig, I'm interested in the main. The one on my recently acquired boat is looking like it's lived a good, long life.
I'm in need of TR halyards, traveler lines, and some others that I'll have to inventory.
I also need the port lifeline stanchion that's the forward part of the gate.
I know there are other things I need (including a rudder), most of which aren't coming to mind. As I mentioned in your forum post, I'm in Salt Lake City, UT, so I don't know how much you'd want to deal with shipping (obviously I pay) but if that works for you I've got to spend money on my boat either way so it might as well go toward your new boat.
GaryB Posted - 04/05/2022 : 20:17:31

What about a bimini?

Voyager Posted - 04/05/2022 : 12:35:47
Steve, sorry to hear about the accident.
Regarding the boat what’s the configuration? Standard rig or tall rig?
Cabin: two settees (port and starboard) or dinette setup?
Does your boat have a furler for the Genoa, or is it a hank-on jib?
How many reef points in the mainsail?
What type of rudder does it have? Standard or balanced?
Do you have a permanently installed head or a portable potty?
Cook-top/stove type?
How are the portlights and windows? Tight or leaky?
Forward hatch okay?
Bow and stern pulpits?
Any bimini or dodger?
Slider top in good condition? How about the brightwork?
Deck clutches for halyards and reefing lines?
Radio, VHF, marine electronics, gps?
I could go on …

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page