Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Weird Furler

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dkharvie Posted - 10/13/2022 : 07:44:11
Does anyone know how this furler works? There's no swivel... just a loop at the top and small cleats on the drum. It's made by Cruising Designs, which is still in business making "flexible furlers".

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dkharvie Posted - 10/17/2022 : 07:19:09
That's correct Islander... The cleats are on the tube which is silver. I'm new to sailing so I don't understand how this system works. A line should run up to the top and back down to the cleats? Or the halyard?

quote:
Originally posted by islander

I think those cleats are mounted on the tube that the foil extrusion slides into like this one. Probably an earlier model CDI and the tube is just not painted black.

Stinkpotter Posted - 10/15/2022 : 20:50:18
quote:
Originally posted by islander

I think those cleats are mounted on the tube that the foil extrusion slides into like this one. Probably an earlier model CDI and the tube is just not painted black.
Way earlier.
bigelowp Posted - 10/15/2022 : 05:57:35
Definitely looks like an early model CDI fuller. You should contact them with questions, etc. They do have excellent customer service.
islander Posted - 10/14/2022 : 05:09:34

Stinkpotter Posted - 10/13/2022 : 18:25:09
I’ve never seen something like those cleats on the foil, and don’t know what you mean by “a loop at the top.” That looks like a prehistoric model from CDI. I’d ask them. (They’ve made thousands of furlers for Catalina, but I doubt that one.)

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page