Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Pedestal Guard installed by Catalina?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vholmstrom
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
51 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/29/2010 :  11:27:16  Show Profile
After reading numerous posts on this and other forums, we finally ordered a new 250 MK2 wing keel model which is currently being built. One of the options we ordered is the pedestal guard. After ordering three Edson options online, I learned that Catalina now installs an "after market" pedestal guard on the 250.

Does anyone know the make and model number of the pedestal guard now being installed by Catalina? The accessories I ordered are for a 9.5 inch wide pedestal guard with 1 & 1/8 or 1 inch diameter tubing. These accessories are expensive, so hopefully they will fit.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Vic

Edited by - on

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 05/29/2010 :  11:55:43  Show Profile
Welcome Vic! Congratulations on the new C250. I assume your pedestal accessories are from Edson so they are indeed expensive. My experience with Edson gear is that they are also very well engineered and manufactured so you will appreciate that. The 9.5" is very standard and I would be surprised if Catalina used something other than that.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 05/29/2010 :  15:27:42  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Same gear used here Vic on our 2005 Water Ballast.

We have a lot of trust in our wheel and pedestal guard.

Welcome, let us know where you will be sailing, with whom and what you do to the boat ... everyone seems to do something that the rest of us envy!

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

vholmstrom
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
51 Posts

Response Posted - 05/29/2010 :  16:48:11  Show Profile
Thanks for the replies. My wife and I will be mostly day sailing in Central Florida's Indian river (ICW) between Cocoa and Sebastian. The boat will be docked in Satellite Beach on a canal off of the Banana River. Once we get really familiar with the boat we hope to branch out and do some weekends on board.

Our sailing and boating experience includes owning an Oday 23 on Northern Virginia's Potomac River in the late 80s and recently a Hobie Getaway in Florida. We have also owned various powerboats including a Worldcat, Scout, Grady White and various runabouts.

I spent a lot of time searching this and other forums, which helped us to decide on the C250. It seems to be the right compromise in size, practicality, and sailing fun. When we bought our Oday 23 it was 15 years old and we spent our first summer just fixing it up. We didn't want to do that again, so we opted for new rather than older and larger.

With help from good information I gleaned from this site, we decided to equip the boat with the cruising package, teak and holly sole, wheel steering, pedestal guard, canvas package, and cockpit cushions from Catalina. The dealer will be installing bottom paint, a bimini top, Tohatsu 9.8 XL with electric start (no power trim/tilt), Edson Stainless Drink Holder, Edson Cockpit Lunch Table, Edson Clamp on Platform Center Mount, and a Garmin 541s with an in hull (P79) transducer. Since the boat will stay in the water, I am also looking into having an electric bilge pump with a float switch installed.

The reason I started this post is because I just learned that Catalina now uses an "after market" pedestal guard, so I wasn't sure the 3 Edson accessories (which I already ordered online) will fit.

I would like to thank the members of this forum for all of the useful information they have been willing to share. This is my first post, but I have already searched and read through hundreds of posts on this forum.

Regards,
Vic

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page