Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Black Friday (getting a jump on it)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/22/2018 :  08:45:49  Show Profile
First - - Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and their families here in this extraordinary community of sailors! I hope we can all enjoy the riches and bounty we have in our lives.

As we all have seen, the after-Thanksgiving holiday sales generally start today. I happened to check on a small part for my winter layup and noticed that West Marine is having a 15% off sale today only.

For folks who’ve waited for a sale or lower prices to make a larger purchase, today might be a good day to check. Of course if WM competitors are offering lower prices as well and perhaps a better deal on shipping or taxes, you might luck out there too.

Happy turkey day and happy hunting. What’s on your list?

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 11/22/2018 08:46:54

Davy J
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1511 Posts

Response Posted - 11/22/2018 :  08:55:58  Show Profile
I noticed in the sales flyer that WM brand binoculars are going to be 50% off. On my list was the Coastal Series with a compass and rangefinder.........

Unfortunately, it appears they have discontinued all of their WM brand bino's with the exception of just four basic models.

Davy J

2005 Gemini 105Mc
PO 1987 C25 #5509 SR/SK
Tampa Bay
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 11/24/2018 :  16:23:11  Show Profile
I bought a Black & Decker 20 Volt Matrix cordless drill last year because my old cordless battery died (NiCD). This one touted a Lithium battery for a zillion charge cycles. We’ll see how that works out.
I used it a few times and it worked OK.
So I read the literature with the drill and it says that the Matrix line includes a quick change attachment for the drill head. I found out that I can attach a rotary saw, a reciprocating saw, a sanding head and a router to the drill motor. All in the matrix line.
Apparently these were sold at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart and Amazon and it seems the line is coming to an end soon, to be replaced by non-interchangeable tools.
I checked around and I picked up one part from Amazon, another part from WM, a replacement battery elsewhere... So now I have the full set.
These tools are not intended to build a house or a deck, but are great for small inside jobs like closets, cabinets, mouldings and for wooden and plastic boat trim, you can’t go wrong.
And with the Black Friday sales, the pricing was great. You can probably still score a Cyber Monday deal or two...
As I start using them, I’ll report back and post some pix.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page