Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 Re-posting "A long haul"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldengineer1949
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
75 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/06/2020 :  17:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pualani Nui rocked gently in her slip, her docklines softly squeaking in time with the small swell of the marina waters. Suddenly, she heard familiar footsteps on the finger slip at her port side.

"Oh! It's you! SKIPPER! Aloha E! It's been so long! Are you OK? Why have you been away? I have missed you so much ... *sniff, sniff*

"Aww, baby boat! Now, no crying ..." Ole OldEngineer reached out with one gnarled hand, and grasping a safety line stanchion, slowly and carefully boarded his beloved Catalina.

"It's been a long haul, baby boat." Ole sighed, slowly settling down on a cockpit seat. "Old Man Cancer is a tough opponent, but we finally beat him, thanks to the Good Lord, lots of prayer and a superb cancer treatment medical staff and doctors. Of course, I'm a bit slower than I used to be, but with this new bimini I bought for you, the Admiral has no excuse to stay home. She can sail with us now, and I can sit back and "captain" from my favorite seat in your cockpit. *chuckle* "

"Awesome, skipper! Let's go sailing! Yee-haa!"

To all my fellow Catalina owners/lovers, it IS so good to be back on my boat. I still have some lingering physical challenges, but my wonderful Admiral wife (Mama B) has been a pillar of support throughout this latest medical episode in my life. I hope for many more years of boating, and posting on this fine website, and perhaps sharing a few more "sea stories" about my favorite talking boat, Pualani Nui.

Kind Regards to all y'all,

Ole and Mama B (Al and Bernadette Corson)

New post: I noticed that this post (plus all the heart-warming responses) disappeared when the Forum switched to the new database server (which was not updated), so I am re-posting to get back into the swing of things. Again, regards to all y'all.

Al and Bernadette, "Pualani Nui", '82 C25 SR/SK, homeport MCB Quantico

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 11/07/2020 :  19:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al, Glad that you’re back at it after being temporarily sidelined. I could not imagine my life without a day out on the water. Your boat sounds very happy as well. Good tidings on the next chapters of life.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page