Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Admiralty Forum
 In search of a boat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 09/30/2022 :  16:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally have some photos of the J24. I've raced it in a few club races and done well, despite the fact that it badly needs a bottom job. I've also match raced it against an old friend's J24, and only won a couple races. Next year I'll try to do a fresh bottom job and should be more competitive. My friend is the Cincinnati sailboat dealer and an excellent racer. It has been fun starting, crossing tacks and rounding marks with him, and I have another old friend flying my spinnaker. We're close enough that we both fall back and catch up as we sail up and down the lake. Sadly, I had to haul the boat for the end of the season.

This photo was taken from the committee boat in fresh winds. The wrinkled mainsail is because my cunningham is missing a part and I couldn't use it to smooth out the wrinkles, but I'll correct that by next year.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page