Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 sizes for Bulkhead and vanity sink counter top
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leetheflea
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
1 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/26/2022 :  21:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Looking to see if anyone has dimensions for the main bulk heads and the sink counter top across from the head.
Thank you.
(Catalina 25, '79, swing keel)

Edited by - Leetheflea on 11/27/2022 21:51:17

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2022 :  18:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Editing my post on this, I realize that you probably need some assistance on this.

Which cabin layout do you have? This might influence the shapes of the two aft bulkheads.

The shape and all incremental dimensions of the 4 bulkheads would probably defy categorization. The outer edges are straight, however, the tops follow the curved inside of the cabin roof, then down by the deck-hull joint, there’s the shelf. Below the joint, the hide behind the seating, and are attached to the head sink base on the starboard side and the floor and port side bench settee with a standard layout. My cabin is the dinette style with a different port side aft bulkhead.

I don’t know, but I would suspect that the two forward bulkheads are the same on all C25s regardless of the cabin style.

If you still have them available, you could trace the outlines of the old bulkheads to replace them with new materials. Can you get 3/4” marine plywood with a teak or mahogany veneer? There’s also some edge banding and trim needed.

That said, which dimensions would you need?

The sink countertop is simply a rectangle with an oval hole cut into it, with a drop-in sink mounted to the Formica countertop. Pretty much 1985 materials technology.

Thinking about it, if you have the opportunity to redesign the bulkheads with a more open plan. Widen the openings and let more air and light through.

You might just opt to provide a portapotty and you could eliminate the head sink - some folks have replaced this section with a full-height hanging locker.

You still need a substantial piece of plywood to bolt the upper shrouds chainplates to, so you cannot eliminate them completely.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 11/30/2022 14:49:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page