Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 spinnaker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vikinginburnaby
Deckhand

Member Avatar

Canada
3 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/21/2023 :  22:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wanting to make my own spinnaker. Catalina 250 but need some dimensions for both conventional and asymmetric spinnakers.
Can someone measure theirs for me
thanks

ab

Volksaholic
1st Mate

Members Avatar

55 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2023 :  08:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't it Sailrite that used to sell plans for sails? I know I had considered buying the plans to make a sale for my Finn and they had good plans for cutting the panels for a dacron sail. Obviously modern Finn sails are not something a DIYer can compete with... but I digress.. ;)

I don't see that they list sail plans any more but see if this information helps. https://www.sailrite.com/Catalina-250-Sail-Data

They give luff, leech, foot, and stay lengths for both assymetrical and spinnaker sails. I can't vouch for their veracity, and obviously there's more to lofting a sail than just the edge lengths but I always thought it would be a fun project.

Paul
1981 Catalina 25 TR/FK
Soon to be named either Fiddler's Dream or Fool's Errand depending on what it takes to get her into shape
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page