Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Catalina 250WK Lifting Strap Locations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RPLieser
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
70 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/04/2023 :  11:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm considering notching the bunks on my 250WK Road King trailer to be lifted by a local launch facility and travel lift. I contacted Catalina Yachts with an eMail to Warren Pandy and Gerry Douglas. Below is the response from Warren:

Hello Patrick,

Gerry has retired, shortly after that all the eng drwgs were moved upstairs for remodeling (good to do every 30 years), and then 10 months later we had a tornado that displaced or ruined a lot of the paper drwg files that were sent from CA where the 250 was designed.

However see next email as I hand drew strap marks in on a 250 profile drwg--

Best,
Warren

Patrick,

Two Notes:

- the aft strap can be a 6" or a foot fwd of where it is shown, no harm no foul.
- let me know if you can view this attachment to full view (showing bottom of keel and where "lines" for straps stop at bottom.

Rsvp,
Thx.
WP

Patrick Lieser

C250WK #973
Knot My Fault III
Avila Beach, CA

(PO of C250WB #312)

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2023 :  20:51:01  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As you can see in the video I posted in response to your other question, my trailer has six pads. So, I would imagine that there is no reason that modifying your trailer bunks should necessarily be a problem. Just needs to be compared to other solutions and thought through before making any cuts.

David Crosby "Small World"
'02 C250 WK #614
Go to Top of Page

JB
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
110 Posts

Response Posted - 02/06/2023 :  07:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our last marina had a travel lift and some of the boats had to be put on trailers with bunks. The bunks interfere with best placement for the straps, but with care it can be done with some extra steps. Like placing a block under the keel so the strap can be moved forward. It may be inconvenient for the lift operator but the bunks shouldn't have to be moved/removed. Though you could add pads and remove the bunks. Pads would make painting the bottom easier.

Is the marina requiring you to make it easier for them?

1988 C25 Wing Keel Std Rig Tohatsu 9.9 Tiller Steering and 2003 C250 Wing Keel Std Rig Inboard Diesel Wheel Steering
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page