Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Anchorage last weekend Lake Lanier, Ga.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redeye Posted - 04/30/2019 : 06:21:40
Spring is beautiful!

this little anchorage was just delightful. Shade in the morning, shade in the evening....

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redeye Posted - 05/03/2019 : 06:07:02
It really is an amazing place to me, the land has enough elevation and slope that it doesn't hold water and does not breed bugs. No mosquitoes. Deer walk around the waters edge eating at dusk. ( no deer at this one but another area ) Fish jumping, Great Blue Herron, ducks, osprey.

I've spotted one Eagle but none nesting on my part of the lake, that I've seen.
GaryB Posted - 05/02/2019 : 19:43:27
We used to have some pretty places on Lake conroe that looked very similar to the above photo. At the upper end of the lake far from anything. I spent several nights over the years in those coves. Spooky at night when you're the only boat and person) around and you hear things rustling in the woods and then in the water near you.

Now those same coves have had most of the trees removed and are lined with very expensive homes. Makes me sad.
redeye Posted - 05/01/2019 : 07:59:53
No I was kinda surprised. There was a fisherman out in the morning at another anchorage using a flyrod catching a few so there was something coming out of the trees on the water. I saw a lot of something coming out at this anchorage, lots of them but they were so small and I never got any bites> I never did figure out what they were.

Wind blowing into the cove so they never landed around me.

Waters still cold for swimming without skins.
TCurran Posted - 05/01/2019 : 07:10:02
Yes it is...any bugs up there yet?

JohnP Posted - 04/30/2019 : 12:25:36
Just perfect!!!

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page