Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 THIS IS A GRRRREAT SITE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djn
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
1561 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/25/2007 :  13:36:27  Show Profile
Hi All, as you may know, I sold my C25 and accedentally bought a C27 on eBay. I have to say that out of the four C27 sites out there (with only about 6 to 8 participants per site) this site is great. It must be all the hard work that everyone puts into keeping it going and intereseting, but if you don't mind a C27 owner hanging around, I think I'll stay here. Cheers.

Dennis
No Boat
S.E. Michigan

Edited by - on

cat1951
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
636 Posts

Response Posted - 04/25/2007 :  14:04:26  Show Profile
Go ahead and hang around..experience is always needed. Plus, I never know when I might "accidentally" buy a bigger boat as well.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

existentialsailor
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1180 Posts

Response Posted - 04/25/2007 :  14:56:43  Show Profile
That was why the Admiralty forum was created, so prior owners would have a place to go. Not that you are relegated to just that forum mind you, but we wanted to encourage continued participation.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

esailor
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
118 Posts

Response Posted - 04/25/2007 :  20:59:10  Show Profile
Dennis I AGREE. The support and patients here is amazing. I see and ask questions that I know have been asked, yet the folks here politely answer them. I have been sailing small race boats for 0ver 30 years since I was a kid. The C25 offers some challenges that I never had to face on small race boats. My son and I are enjoying the boat and look forward to continually improving it. She was in good shape when I bought her, but some tlc and elbow grease have made her look fantastic. Thanks for all the answers.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 04/25/2007 :  21:41:49  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage
Yes this Association is tremendous. I looked for (a 22) and bought a C-25 because I had such good experiences with the C-22 20 years ago, but the support, and yes esailor comradery and patience I've found here is unbelievable. ANYTHING you run in to has been conquered here. I have a feeling I'll be really disappointed with future forums and will want the admiralty forum to visit. Thanks everyone for making the upkeep of my boat so easy.

P.S. As long as I'm saluting the C-25 and this association, how about a short look at what we're so in love with? [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXeRHsWXAQ"]click here[/url]
(sailing 6 miles off the Daytona Beach Coast

Edited by - DaveR on 04/25/2007 22:01:43
Go to Top of Page

djn
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1561 Posts

Response Posted - 04/26/2007 :  05:41:29  Show Profile
great flick Dave. Cheers.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Jarrett Anderson
1st Mate

Members Avatar

61 Posts

Response Posted - 04/27/2007 :  13:15:47  Show Profile
After seeing some of the new boats at Strictly Sail on Saturday I could see accidentally getting a 309 or 350 for retirement.

Jarrett _/)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page