Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Winterization and 2010 Mod Summary
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikesuej
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/21/2010 :  08:45:13  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
Went out to winterize Seatitude yesterday and took some pics of my mods for 2010 that I have completed. For 2010, I added a slide-out, electric pump out Yetti Cooler, new brass LED cabin lighting, new teak-drawered cabin table with extension, first aid kit, and a lifting Davits for the Nissan 9.8. For pics and descriptions go to http://seatitude.intuitwebsites.com/

I guess we'll all start posting here again since sailing season is over for many of us.

Michael T. Janocik
Seatitude

Edited by - on

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3370 Posts

Response Posted - 11/21/2010 :  10:17:53  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage
Excellent improvements !! I have to check out that Yetti Cooler when I get a chance. Headibg down to the boat to get an afternoon sail in with my spouse. Supposed to be about 54F and light winds 5-6mph.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 11/21/2010 :  10:32:46  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Great cooler Mod Micheal, though Peggy noted that the shower must be really cold when the cooler drain is selected

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 11/21/2010 :  10:48:12  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
Mike, nice mods. I was thinking about a motor mount. I have a Honda which weighs about 125lbs. Which mount did you get? 100 or 150, and 26 or 34 length? Do you have closer pic of how you mounted? Thanks,
Steve A

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

zeil
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1297 Posts

Response Posted - 11/21/2010 :  19:04:13  Show Profile
Michael:

Admire the quality and execution of your mods... thanks for sharing. Could you, whenever you get around to it, provide a little more detail... particularly

1) Does the drawer lid hinge open or lift off and is it strong enough, as table extension, to place food, dishes, etc. on it in open position?
2) Is the pin showing on left holding the slider platform in place... what type of slider hardware did you use... and how do you keep the cooler from sliding
3) Clever idea and good looking way to gain more counter space...
4) Like your curtain material and rails, any close-ups of the way you've fastened this?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mikesuej
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Response Posted - 11/22/2010 :  05:05:30  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zeil</i>
<br />Michael:

Admire the quality and execution of your mods... thanks for sharing. Could you, whenever you get around to it, provide a little more detail... particularly

&lt;&lt; Thank you very much.

1) Does the drawer lid hinge open or lift off and is it strong enough, as table extension, to place food, dishes, etc. on it in open position?

&lt;&lt;The drawer lid is 3/16" ply-teak that slides on rails I installed inside the drawer - that way with the drawer fully extended I can slide it to and fro to get to things both at the front and at the rear inside the drawer and yes it is plenty sturdy to hold a bottle of wine and two glasses or whatever.

2) Is the pin showing on left holding the slider platform in place... what type of slider hardware did you use... and how do you keep the cooler from sliding

&lt;&lt; Yes, the pin is a stainless steel pin that holds the sliding platform both closed and in open position. I used stainless steel ball bearing drawer slides rated at 110 pounds which are mounted with stainless steel screws on the right side and bolts with fender washers on left side. The cooler weighs in at about 22 pounds empty, so full of water it would go well under the 110 pounds. The cooler is straped down to the platform using 1" nylon webing with buckles and stainless steel eye straps mounted to the platform.

3) Clever idea and good looking way to gain more counter space...

&lt;&lt; Very easy mod - perhaps some fiddles would be nice, but for a 15-minute modification, it does come in handy to put our little TV or electric heater.

4) Like your curtain material and rails, any close-ups of the way you've fastened this?

This was a previous owner install - I think he used white hard plastic tubing like the kind you can buy at home depot to hook your refigerator ice maker up to your water supply and cut it down as 1" spacers to place between the rails and the cabin wall. He then just sent screws through into the inside cabin liner - i'll get more pics next time I'm out. I don't care for the color so my wife is going to sew new ones over the winter.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mikesuej
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Response Posted - 11/22/2010 :  07:18:22  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by piseas</i>
<br />Mike, nice mods. I was thinking about a motor mount. I have a Honda which weighs about 125lbs. Which mount did you get? 100 or 150, and 26 or 34 length? Do you have closer pic of how you mounted? Thanks,
Steve A

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mikesuej
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Response Posted - 11/22/2010 :  07:19:51  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by piseas</i>
<br />Mike, nice mods. I was thinking about a motor mount. I have a Honda which weighs about 125lbs. Which mount did you get? 100 or 150, and 26 or 34 length? Do you have closer pic of how you mounted? Thanks,
Steve A

Steve - I posted a few more pics of the davits that might be of help at www.seatitude.intuitwebsites.com

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 11/22/2010 :  17:25:35  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Micheal, do you take the davit down when you put up your bimini?

Some serious steel there! Randy will be jealous.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mikesuej
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Response Posted - 11/23/2010 :  09:21:08  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by britinusa</i>
<br />Micheal, do you take the davit down when you put up your bimini?

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mikesuej
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Response Posted - 11/23/2010 :  09:23:19  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by britinusa</i>
<br />Micheal, do you take the davit down when you put up your bimini?

Paul

I keep the davits stowed under the v-berth - and just use it when I need to service the outboard. But it is easily removable because it comes in two main pieces - the bass pole, which you put in through the rail mount ring and down onto the ball. Then you put the upper part onto the base pole. I can have it down, packed up, and under the v-berth in about 3 minutes.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stu Jackson C34
Admiral

Members Avatar

844 Posts

Response Posted - 11/24/2010 :  13:19:31  Show Profile
Those Garhauer lifts are great and a great price compared to anyone elses models. Nice work, Mike.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mikesuej
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
119 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2010 :  06:40:56  Show Profile  Visit mikesuej's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stu Jackson C34</i>
<br />Those Garhauer lifts are great and a great price compared to anyone elses models. Nice work, Mike.

I can't imagine the competing lifts would be nearly this good in quality and worksmanship. When you consider they're at least $150 more, why even consider anything but the Garhauer? They are fantastic!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page