Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Length of single back stay
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwstrang
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
78 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/31/2011 :  09:59:00  Show Profile
Guys:
Greetings from St Helens where the Columbia River is at flood stage. This weekend I had my son hoist me up the mast so we could measure the length for a single back stay to replace the double I currently have. I had already installed the Wichard U-bolt near the swim ladder. While I was holding the tape measurer at the top of the mast my son came up with a length of 34.5ft. Does that sound like it’s in the ball park? I asked my son to pull it as taught as he could. I saw an earlier post from Randy where his was less the 34ft. I don’t want to go back up the mast but before I call Riggingonly I want to be 99% sure I have the right length.
Craig

Edited by - on

DonaldM
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 06/01/2011 :  06:32:39  Show Profile
My single backstay (measured lying flat on the ground):
- Wire including swaged fittings (from center of eye (top) to end of turnbuckle stud): 34' 0"
- Wire including turnbuckle (from center of eye (top) to center of turnbuckle toggle eye): 34' 4.5"

Side note: The spec sheet in my Catalina owner's manual says 34' 1.5" (+/- 0.5").

Don

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

cwstrang
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
78 Posts

Response Posted - 06/15/2011 :  06:40:20  Show Profile
Installed my single backstay from Riggingonly last night while at the dock. Took about an hour, perfect fit and the feeling of space around the wheel is great.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page