Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Traveler
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WindDancer
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
34 Posts

Initially Posted - 06/13/2011 :  16:59:52  Show Profile
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some information. I have a 2006 250WB and really miss having a traveler. Has anyone installed an after market traveler on a 250WB, if so I would like to hear about it and see some photos of the install.

Thanks,

Bruce and Suzette
Five O' Clock Somewhere
2006 C250WB #861
Clearlake Ca

Edited by - on

Russ.Johnson
Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
833 Posts

Response Posted - 06/16/2011 :  21:35:28  Show Profile
Bruce,

I know what you mean about the traveler.
I have a 2005 C250WB #793 and sail from Clearlake Oaks.
Maybe we can get together sometime. send me an email (commodore at catalina-capri-25s.org)

Russ

Edited by - Russ.Johnson on 06/16/2011 21:38:03
Go to Top of Page

Loren H.
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
45 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2011 :  10:16:43  Show Profile
The 250 WB has no traveler?

Mine seems to be slipping from time to time (in need of maintenance?) but I'm glad I have it!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2011 :  11:23:13  Show Profile
I suspect it would be an easy upgrade to add the same traveler that the WK version has.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Jack Schafer
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
112 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2011 :  20:12:11  Show Profile
Sorry I have no pictures,but I installed a Lewmar traveler to my 1995 WB. I mounted the track on the step just forward of the main sheet. I mounted the sheet block to traveler and added a swivelblock on top of the cam cleat where the main sheet was attached.I also used the standup spring that was there. The working end of the sheet goes from the travler direct to the swivel block and then to the cam.I think I may have reversed the mainsheet so the cam cleat will still release by pulling up on sheet. Works great.

I hope this helps

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

WindDancer
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
34 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2011 :  21:59:58  Show Profile
Russ,
That sounds good. I currently have my boat on the hard, maintenance and projects, but I'm should have it back int he water next week. I also live in the Oaks, however, I keep my boat at Braito's; its just too rough at my dock.

Jack, could you tell me what Lewmar traveler you used and how did you support and brace the backing to support the fiber glass. It sounds great.

Thanks, Bruce

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page