Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Any reports of Hull Delamination?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cshaw
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
460 Posts

Response Posted - 11/16/2012 :  13:01:31  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tomas Kruska</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GaryB</i>
Did anyone download all of his pictures before they were pulled off the internet last summer? I had most of them but lost them when my hard drive crashed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sure I have, this is one of the jewels from my inspiration library

Download link available for next 19 days: http://leteckaposta.cz/168953811

Tomas,

Thank you for posting the link, but I have not been able to open the zip archive? I tried with WinZip and also with 7Zip. It takes 3 hours to download it for some reason, so I was wondering if you had been able to open it, and if so, what did you use?.

It may be that the archive is simply too big? (its a bit over 150MB)

Thanks for the help!!

Chuck

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

cshaw
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
460 Posts

Response Posted - 11/16/2012 :  15:44:19  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cshaw</i> <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tomas Kruska</i> <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GaryB</i> Did anyone download all of his pictures before they were pulled off the internet last summer? I had most of them but lost them when my hard drive crashed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> Sure I have, this is one of the jewels from my inspiration library Download link available for next 19 days: http://leteckaposta.cz/168953811 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> Tomas,
Thank you for posting the link, but I have not been able to open the zip archive? I tried with WinZip and also with 7Zip.
Chuck

Tomas,

Ignore my last note. I re-downloaded it and it opens just fine! Many thanks for making the pictures available! FellowShip is really nicely set up!

I could not tell if the stringers/Box Partitions in the bilge go outboard very far and are bonded strongly to the hull. So, I will see what the Catalina Factory folks have to say.

Again, many thanks for making the pictures available!!!

Chuck

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
822 Posts

Response Posted - 11/16/2012 :  16:27:57  Show Profile
Interesting to discover one more aspect regarding the evolution of the C25 in its later years and that from Gary's response that changes were taking place real time even in 1989. Thanks for posting and Frank for the pics. It would appear that stiffening the hull may also have allowed Catalina to level the cabin sole by extending the stringers. I understand Dave about the framing; I just had focused on my cabin sole issue. And yes, the stringers are well formed and do extend to and attach to the bottom of the keel sump. The tabbing holding the stringers under the sole, however, were obviously not done with the same amount of care. Waiting to here back from Chuck's inquiries...

Not that it matters, but the pics I was referring to in my first posting are the ones in this thread, not the archived pics. When I first loaded the page the pics just disappeared before my eyes. Reloaded the page and still nothing. Tonight only one of the two pics loads. ??? As to Frank's archived pics, we need Paul to chime in but IIRC he made a focused effort to preserve Frank's pics and post them to the new gallery some time back. I have not verified this but easy to do.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page