Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Look ma! no hands!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/04/2013 :  18:01:50  Show Profile
Strong winds have us a little disheveled here - fenders still deployed, furling line unsecured, motor still lowered. Breaking-in new mainsheet hardware on new traveler, new vang now comes back to cockpit. Silly skipper and nervous admiral. PA Fish and Boat commission headed west. Note the humidity.

And one of the nicest boats and people on our lake: Danny on Sundancer (who took the above picture!)

1989 C25 TR/WK, #5822
1973 McVay Minuet 19
1975 Jester 12
1981 C25 SR/SK, #2428
1981 C22 SR/SK,
Tanzer 16
Sunfish

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Kenneth Grahame

Edited by - OJ on 09/04/2013 18:48:26

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/04/2013 :  18:13:25  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by OJ</i>
<br />Strong winds have us a little disheveled here - fenders still deployed, furling line unsecured, motor still lowered. Breaking-in new mainsheet hardware on new traveler, new vang now comes back to cockpit. Silly skipper and nervous admiral. PA Fish and Boat commission headed west.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You call that a motor?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 09/04/2013 :  18:18:22  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GaryB</i>
<br />
You call that a motor?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/04/2013 :  18:25:09  Show Profile
You sure have a beautiful place to sail!

All I have are refineries and port cranes.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 09/04/2013 :  18:41:13  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GaryB</i>
<br />You sure have a beautiful place to sail!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks Gary. It's a manmade lake. Bottom used to be oil and gas wells. Quite a feat capping all the wells - makes for a clean lake and plenty of wildlife. Even a submerged railroad track runs down the middle. Lake Arthur is located in Moraine State Park north of Pittsburgh. Guy who lead the initiative to create the 3,225 acre lake was named Arthur. Surrounding hills make for shifty winds some days though. They say if you can sail Lake Arthur you can sail anywhere!

Edited by - OJ on 09/04/2013 18:53:43
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/04/2013 :  19:45:15  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by OJ</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GaryB</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks Gary. It's a manmade lake. Bottom used to be oil and gas wells. Quite a feat capping all the wells - makes for a clean lake and plenty of wildlife. Even a submerged railroad track runs down the middle. Lake Arthur is located in Moraine State Park north of Pittsburgh. Guy who lead the initiative to create the 3,225 acre lake was named Arthur. Surrounding hills make for shifty winds some days though. They say if you can sail Lake Arthur you can sail anywhere!
Can you sail above the bridge, doesn't look like there's enough clearance?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 09/05/2013 :  06:34:51  Show Profile
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by OJ</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GaryB</i>

Can you sail above the bridge, doesn't look like there's enough clearance?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">There are two bridges, the 422 bridge is too low for anything much bigger than a small day sailor. The Rt 528 bridge is tall enough for a C22. Fishermen go to the other side when they want to avoid us pesky sailors. Keeps the peace.

Edited by - OJ on 09/05/2013 08:41:23
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page