Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 New Capri 25 Owner
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

makai
Deckhand

Member Avatar

9 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/06/2014 :  09:51:59  Show Profile
Just a quick hello from a new 1981 Capri 25 owner. Sandy took last one 1969 Irwin 27' totally restored from graveyard.

Can you tell me how to post picture?

Edited by - on

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 05/06/2014 :  10:58:00  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Hi Chris and welcome to the Forum.

There are two methods for posting pics to the forum.

Members (another great benefit of membership that is about $1 per month!) can upload images to their membership account. From there the system will provide you with the code to paste into a forum post. Your pics will also be available if you add them to one of an almost unlimited number of albums that you can create within your membership account ([url="https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_gallery.cgi"]click here for examples[/url])

Another benefit of posting your pics to your membership account is that they are kept for posterity, so even if an owner sells the boat, the pics will remain available to the public and membership for review.

Alternatively, you can upload your pics to any of the image hosting sites after you create an account and help them advertise once uploaded you can copy the URL of the image and then paste it into a forum post in the form of (img)put the url to your image here(/img) but replacing the () with square braces.

Of course, the Membership system builds the code for you and a whole lot more.

Just in case (you can tell I'm a huge advocate of membership ) here's the [url="https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_system.cgi?Join"]link[/url]

BTW Irwin 27 = sweet boat!

Paul

Edited by - britinusa on 05/06/2014 10:59:27
Go to Top of Page

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 05/07/2014 :  05:32:19  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
Welcome Chris!
You'll find the Capri 25 a different animal than the Irwin... Love the 27's lines though. But the Capri 25 is a spirited, even if it's a stable-spirited boat.

Let me know if I can help in any way... I've been slowly bringing my Capri 25 back to it's fighting condition. My first year ever skippering with my boat I placed 13th overall with my club in our informal handicapped race fleet... after a complete bottom job, new sails, and and additional crew member (I sailed solo first year), I placed 2nd overall last year. I've documented most of my work on the boat through pictures on this website (I'll admit I've been lax this past year because I haven't done as much).

I just put in last week, and have been sailing 3 times so far... boy it's good to be back on the water!

One more method of posting pictures that Paul neglected.. HAVE YOUR OWN SERVER! hehehe... I post my own pictures to my server and link to them here (benefit of working in IT for nearly 20 years).

Take a hard look, that was last night, some nice whitecaps in the distance and a 30 year old piece of dacron 130, that's reefed to about 90. Yep a reefed genoa.

Edited by - shnool on 05/07/2014 05:34:33
Go to Top of Page

makai
Deckhand

Members Avatar

9 Posts

Response Posted - 05/08/2014 :  09:44:50  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome and yes I did just join up today....I also managed to figure out how to add a gallery page!

I bought this boat after waiting for some time looking around and realizing that this one may come available through another member at our yacht club.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

shnool

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 05/08/2014 :  10:51:35  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
Wow she's in beautiful shape (:::jealous:::)
Bonus points for having the prior owner close by if you have questions about what he/she did rigging or maintenance.
Well, again let us know if we can help in any way... and post some pictures sailing!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

makai
Deckhand

Members Avatar

9 Posts

Response Posted - 05/09/2014 :  12:00:32  Show Profile
It was supposed to go in this week and it still sits....but the weather has been horrible here...pictures for sure once we go in....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

johngfoster
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
34 Posts

Response Posted - 08/29/2014 :  23:22:22  Show Profile
Congrats from one new owner to another. I haven't joined up yet, but am considering it. I used to use ImageShack for my image hosting needs until they "upgraded" and now charge if you want to use normal size pics. Only option now available free from them thumbnails.

We, too, bought from a local sailor, and in fact, just last week took him out for a sail with us. He has been able to tell us all the maintenance he has done, and what he thought still needed to be done. He has even helped us with many of these tasks. Great guy. And the boat was in great shape too. I LOVE THIS BOAT!!!

ETA: you have any pics yet to post? I need to do the same.

Edited by - johngfoster on 08/29/2014 23:23:10
Go to Top of Page

shnool

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 08/30/2014 :  04:34:02  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
I have more images than you can shake a stick at on the work I did.. and the sailing with my Capri 25.
http://www.shnool.com/images/capri25/

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page