Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Chicago, Lake Geneva, Madison, Milwaukee advice?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmwhitehead
Deckhand

Member Avatar

5 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/27/2014 :  13:18:59  Show Profile
Hello. First post.

I live in north central Illinois and am considering buying a boat. The two I am looking at most closely are the Catalina25 and the S2 7.9. I'm sharpening my sailing skills and am about ready to get my own boat. I've never sailed a Catalina, and am wondering if anyone would be willing to have me along for an afternoon. It's getting late in the season, but hopefully someone will still have one in the water.

I'm looking into a swing keel so that I can dry sail. I have launched power boats, but not a sail boat. I'm curious about the whole experience, from setting the mast, launching, sailing and recovering. I'd like to actually do these things before buying a boat so I can make a decision if I'd rather buy, or join one of the "time share" clubs in madison or milwaukee. I'll pay you the going rental rate if you are willing to take me out with you.

Thanks!
Patrick

Edited by - on

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 09/28/2014 :  18:59:33  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
First observation I'll make is the Catalina 25, and the S2 7.9 are really 2 different boats. The Catalina 25 is a great starter boat, and also will grow with you as you cruise to larger destinations. It's really solidly a cruiser, that can be raced.

The S2 7.9 is more of a racer/cruiser, with the emphasis on racer.

I get why you would categorize them together, lifting keel versus swing and all, but the similarities kind of end there.

Stick with it someone here should be able to help you out.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page