Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Source for replacement mast for Capri 25
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmadd
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
84 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/30/2014 :  15:12:36  Show Profile
A local Capri owner lost a mast. I don't know the details on how that happened but I've heard that she is looking for a way to replace it. I know the boat but not the owner, but does anyone have any information on a source for a new mast?

Edited by - on

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 11/30/2014 :  19:58:01  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
If you are creative, and can figure out how to move this guys boat... you could get a bargain on a parts boat.
http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/4735275514.html

I've seen this boat listed on craigs for as low as $1000. I think the fact that its at his house and not on a trailer is enough to keep buyers away (for good reason).

I have no affiliation with the seller.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

joearcht
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
236 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  06:41:30  Show Profile
If the owner still has the fittings and parts you can check with a company called "Rig-rite, Inc". They have an online presence with pretty good data. The last time I researched this a "Kenyon 3350 MORC" was the appropriate section for the Capri. They will also have some fittings, but probably best not to depend on them for a complete mast.

If parts are an issue then Snool's suggestion is probably the best route. Shipping however is going to be a nasty problem no matter which way you go.
Good Luck

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  08:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

jmadd
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
84 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  10:20:14  Show Profile
> If you are creative, and can figure out how to move this guys boat... you could get a bargain on a parts boat.
http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/4735275514.html

Huh. Wonder if that guy has a crain to lift it onto a trailer. He got it off one somehow.

Thanks for the info on Rig-rite joearch. She has all the hardware. Still on the mast which is laying on the deck in a V shape.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  13:19:25  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
Oh, last I heard too, Wayzata (capri fleet) was trying to acquire some masts to have on hand as well.

You might want to check with this guy as well.. sounds like this boat is really a parts boat too. Much closer to home for you.
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/43426

Edited by - shnool on 12/01/2014 13:21:10
Go to Top of Page

jmadd
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
84 Posts

Response Posted - 12/01/2014 :  14:00:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by shnool
You might want to check with this guy as well.. sounds like this boat is really a parts boat too. Much closer to home for you.
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/43426

Yeah, funny story on that one. That boat was at our club and the mast laid out in the work area for about two years. It was sold back in July. I think it ended up in Houston.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page