Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 '87 Catalina 25 WK for sale (sad day)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JHosgood
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
1 Posts

Initially Posted - 08/05/2015 :  19:18:42  Show Profile
1987 Catalina 25 Wing Keel and trailer.
The wing keel (the most desirable as it is low "shoal" draft) has never been grounded and is in great shape.
We have had it about 6 years and had put on a brand new Honda 9.9 electric start, extra-long shaft motor that also charges the batteries. The motor is mounted on a new spring loaded motor mount to raise and lower into the water..
Boat has full shore electric hookup with cord and inverter.
A custom built to size fold away and adjustable Bimini.
It has a new main sail (North Sail double reef) and 2 head sails. 135, and a 150 on a roller furling. ( The 135 was just gone over top to bottom by sail maker to be sure it was perfect, 150 is in very good condition) All lines/sheets lead to the cockpit for one person sailing. Boom brake included.
New windows were put in, with no leaks now. It has a nice alcohol burner stove, dual marine batteries ( maintained on trickle chargers) and an electric automatic bilge pump. All the plumbing is great, including the head and 2 sinks and fresh water tank. It came with an auto pilot but was never used in Colorado.

If I were to put it in the water next spring, all it would need are some new sheets for the main sail, as it is new, and I set it up with a double reefing system. I used inexpensive rope to determine the correct lengths needed and they are now cut and set up with the correct lengths needed. Roller fairing for jib and a nice high end "boom brake"

The trailer has brand new oversized axles and bearings on it as I didn’t like the smaller 1 ton axles it had as they barely met the weight requirements. Now the boat and trailer weigh just over 1/2 of what the trailer is designed to hold and much safer. Also, purchased (5) new wheels and extra heavy duty trailer tires. By new… I mean 3 years old now as it hasn’t been used for a couple years. An all new electric brake system was installed as a hydraulics brake system doesn’t work well in the mountains.
It has a marine 2 way radio and stereo with wired and mounted speakers.
All of the seats and cushions are in great shape. It comes with a mast raising system that we never used as they had the big system at the lake.
Custom Foam cushions for outside seating.
$16,000

thanks
303-807-9927

Edited by - JHosgood on 08/05/2015 20:00:13

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 08/06/2015 :  05:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
There is an old saying “The two happiest days in a sailors life are the day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it”.

So true.. believe me. Good luck selling.

Dalpol Phobos 21, 2013, Sole Mio, hull #27, current adventures - We sail Phobos 21

PO of Catalina C25, 1978, High Anxiety, hull #701, SR, FK, L-dinette, inboard diesel Volvo Penta MD2010C w/saildrive - more info
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page