Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Chick-a-pea on Lake Murray, SC
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ben - FL
Admiral

Member Avatar

880 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/24/2015 :  17:38:50  Show Profile  Visit Ben - FL's Homepage
Last two years I spent some time building a nuke plant up in South Carolina. My landlady had a dock at a vacant lot on Lake Murray only a mile from where I was renting. So during the spring and summer I towed Chick-a-pea the four-hundred fifty miles up there. Just around the point from my dock was the Frayed Knot Bar and Grill. Justin who owned it put on quite the party a few time. I heard he spent twenty-eight thousand dollars on fireworks. And on more than one occasion.
Here is a glimpse. Chick-a-pea was the only rag boat I ever saw there. Lots of pontoon boats and go-fasts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8No3ARuIEpMSXZPdkVyT1d0djA/view?usp=sharing

Safe voyages,
Ben
sloop Chick-a-pea,
C250wk#364

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 11/25/2015 :  13:54:53  Show Profile
Must be fun having right-of-way over a whole lake full of boat drivers who have no idea what you're talking about!

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
160 Posts

Response Posted - 10/16/2016 :  21:10:49  Show Profile
Are you still in the area? Just took a job there and am wondering if I should transport my fin keel or sell and buy there. Snow flies soon in NY. Will camp for the first couple months then find a place.

Thanks!

George
Catalina 25 #2429
Lima, NY
www.sailcyc.com

Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 10/21/2016 :  19:19:58  Show Profile
I'm a total know nothing about the geography but if I had a sailboat in SC I'd be inclined to find salt water so I could sail up and down the ditch (the ICW) and get down to the GA coast. Of course if I were stationed inland it would be a haul to the coast but once out there you're wide open.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page