Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 trailer lights
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Member Avatar

USA
3757 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/08/2016 :  15:32:58  Show Profile
OK, I broke a light housing on my new trailer. It still worked, so I came on down to Port St Joe. The light still worked after I dipped it in saltwater to launch Pearl. Pretty amazing! The hard part was finding a replacement, everyone wanted to sell me a wiring and lighting kit. Easier stocking and more profit I guess. Everything is hard to find in Port St. Joe. I emailed Jammy, the manufacturer, on Friday and got a response within an hour giving me the number of a distributor in Florida. Unfortunately, they sell to OEM trailer manufacturers and wouldn't bother with me. I found another distributor (in Ohio, of course) who said the J-2077 light has changed and is no longer submersible but they would sell me a more expensive light/wiring kit. Another email to Jammy! The same guy responded in an hour or so. "I own the company, and the light is definitely submersible. Call me and I'll send you one from the factory. That impressed me.

edit:
I called today and they shipped it this afternoon.

The broken housing let me examine the interior of the light. Not only is the housing sealed, but the wiring and circuit board inside are separately sealed. The mounting hardware is corrosion resistant SS and the wiring is tinned. Its a very high quality product priced below the big names, A responsive company and a good product. I recommend it if you need replacement lighting.

Dave B. aboard Pearl
1982 TR/SK/Trad. #3399
Lake Erie/Florida Panhandle

Edited by - Dave5041 on 02/08/2016 15:38:15
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page