Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 Spring Cleaning on the Potomac
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldengineer1949
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
75 Posts

Initially Posted - 03/27/2016 :  17:59:34  Show Profile
Ole Old Engineer carefully stepped on board, both hands full of cleaning supplies. 'OK, sweety-boat, its spring-cleaning time!'

“Careful, Skipper! You ain't as young as you used ta' be!” A gentle, liquid voice echoed in Ole's head, emanating from Pualani Nui, Ole's Catalina 25.

“Ah, relax Pu, I'm doin' jest fine, in spite o' my advanced age and decrepitude!” Ole snorted.

Ole placed the supplies on the starboard cockpit seat, then proceeded to unlock the cabin hatch and the port cockpit lazarette, or “dumpster” as it is commonly referred to, pulling the cabin hatchboards up and out, and carefully stacking them next to the supplies.

“Dang, Pu, these boards sure are showing their age. I jest oiled 'em this past fall, right after we bought you.”

“The sun takes its toll, Skipper”, Pu sighed.

“Aye, ain't it the truth. Well, here we go, everything comes out, lass, so's I can git to all that nasty mold buildup in your cabin.”

“Everything!!??” Pualani Nui squeaked, and Ole thought he felt the cockpit sole tremble slightly under his feet.

“Yup! Everything. Cushions and all. Jest relax, baby-boat. Lots of mold and stain remover, lots of elbow grease, and you'll be all shiny clean inside, ready for the first sail of the season.”

Thirty minutes later, Ole stood at the top of the companionway, and snapped a picture of the cabin with his cellphone.

“EEEK!!! Skipper! I … I'm naked! And, eww! Dirty too!”

Ole chuckled softly, “Aye sweety-boat, that you are. Now jest relax, and let me clean you up.”

Six hours later, Ole dragged his weary body up the companionway steps, and snapped a final picture with his cellphone.

“EEEK! I'm, I'm still naked! Skipper, please hurry up and clean my cushions!”

“You betcha' Pu. Your cushions are loaded up in the truck, and I'll spread 'em out in the garage when I get home, and vacuum and shampoo them right quick. They'll be back on board in no time at all.”

Pualani replied with a soft resigned tone, “Aloha E, Skipper. A hui hou. Hurry back, please!”

Ole smiled, “Aloha, sweety-boat. Stay afloat now, hear?”

(Clean cushions)

(Stern (and future dink) motivation)

Al and Bernadette, "Pualani Nui", '82 C25 SR/SK, homeport MCB Quantico

Edited by - oldengineer1949 on 03/28/2016 08:45:50

Sam001
Vice Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
441 Posts

Response Posted - 06/09/2016 :  12:28:19  Show Profile
Nice I have the dinette layout, but yours looks cleaner :-)

Capt Sam, USCG Master Near Coastal
Isle of Hope, GA. Charleston,SC. Lake Murray, SC.
Aboard Bobbin - 1982 Standard Rig-Swing Keel #2963 Dinette Model
"On a powerboat you are going somewhere....On a Sailboat you are Already There!" Capt Sam

http://my.boatus.com//memberPhotos/6315398_1_25502.jpg
Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2016 :  04:36:08  Show Profile
I love this. I am pretty frequently having conversations with David, especially every time he brings us back to port safe. You never know, if you don't treat them right they may not come back.

Captain Rob & Admiral Alyson
"David Buoy"-1985 C25 SK/SR #5053
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page