Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Invitation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnP
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

1519 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/23/2016 :  12:20:36  Show Profile
I am thankful to the volunteers who keep the Association running and to the members who give advice in such a constructive way.

Invitation

I am the Port Captain for the northern Chesapeake Bay. I have undoubtedly been the luckiest member here since I travel sometimes for work and that has allowed me to crew a total of 20 times on your C-25’s and C-250’s over the last 9 years in these sailing venues: Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Oceanside, Mission Bay, Lake Ray Hubbard (Ft. Worth), Lake Lanier (Atlanta), Daytona Beach, and the Potomac River.

If you are visiting DC or Baltimore, we could go for a daysail around the block. My “block” includes the Magothy River, the Baltimore Light, and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Conditions vary widely, and in the spring, summer and fall the wind can be 10kt or above with lots of fun out there. I went sailing on New Year’s day in 50 degree temps a few years ago. Larry drove over from Virginia to sail on the Gypsy, but you are all invited!

Give me a shout and we can go out!

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

JohnP
1978 C25 SR/FK "Gypsy"
Mill Creek off the Magothy River, Chesapeake Bay
Port Captain, northern Chesapeake Bay

sethp001
Mainsheet C-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

814 Posts

Response Posted - 12/08/2016 :  15:52:34  Show Profile
John, thank you for this very kind and generous invitation! Imagine if many of us did this! I'm tempted to do the same (but not actually doing it yet)!

Seth
"Outlier" 1987 Catalina 25 SR/SK/Traditional Interior #5541
"Zoo" 1977 Morgan Out Island 30
"Nomad" 1980 Prindle 16
"Lost" 1988 Catalina Capri 14.2 (sold - yay!)
"Marine Tex 1" Unknown Origin POS 8' Fiberglass Dinghy
https://whichsailboat.com/2014/07/27/catalina-25-review/
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3370 Posts

Response Posted - 12/09/2016 :  05:07:49  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage
Same goes for me. My boat is on the DC side adjacent to the Potomac River and the Washington Channel. John and I have sailed on each other's Cat25. Our boats, on different water's are located about an hour or so away from each other.

Larry
'89 Robin's Nest#5820, Potomac River/Quantico, Va
http://catalina25.homestead.com/olarryr.html
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
822 Posts

Response Posted - 12/09/2016 :  07:25:00  Show Profile
In my previous life (i.e., younger years) I used to travel downtown DC for work and after hours would wander somewhere near the end of L'Enfant Plaza to grab a bowl of chowder and look at boats. Is that anywhere near where you are Larry?

Gerry & Leslie; Malletts Bay, VT
"Great Escape" 1989 C-25 SR/WK #5972
Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 12/11/2016 :  05:36:01  Show Profile
You can add my boat to the list. If any of you are in the Dallas area and would like to sail on Joe Pool lake let me know. I would be glad to take you out.

1988 WK/SR w/inboard diesel Joe Pool Lake
Hobie 18 Lake Worth

Life is not a dress rehearsal. You will not get another chance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page