Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Hull 922 New Main
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carl in LA
Captain

Member Avatar

USA
284 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/27/2017 :  10:54:53  Show Profile
And another February rainy-month milestone...

The new main is mounted.

Of course the day I raised the sail was breezy. But it made it all the way up.

The sail is from Doyle. Fit looks pretty good.

Really nice numbering and Catalina 250 logos.

Catalina 250 - Pretty Good Boat

TEM58
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
113 Posts

Response Posted - 02/27/2017 :  15:11:56  Show Profile
Looks good. I'll likely buy a new main soon. Mine is original and has really seen better days. I'm kicking myself for not taking the CD 20% discount last fall, but I actually thought I'd be selling the boat to transition to a larger coastal cruiser. What made you choose Doyle rather than Ulman? Just curious-- I bought a new US main for my previous C25 and really liked it. It made an incredible difference in the way the boat handled. I'm counting on the same difference when I put a new main on the 250.

Tim M
“Perfect Match II”
2003 C350 #35
Cruising FL
PO "Wine Down"
2000 C250 WK #453
PO "Perfect Match"
1983 C25 SR/SK #3932
Lake Belton
Belton, TX
Go to Top of Page

Carl in LA
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
284 Posts

Response Posted - 02/27/2017 :  15:38:37  Show Profile
Good to hear you had success with the prior sail purchase.

The boat is new to me since December 2016 and it came with the new Doyle sail. I do not know the back story as to why the boat required a new sail at the time of sale.

Just glad it appears to fit. As the second party I don't believe I would have any recourse if it did not fit.

BTW - I see in your sig that your home port is Lake Belton. I spent some very early years living in Temple on Zenith Drive. Some of my earliest memories are of my Dad taking me and my brothers fishing on the Leon River below the dam. I also have a memory of some place up on the lake that had a pool with huge catfish in it... I've been gone from there since '66 so these memories are getting a bit foggy.

Catalina 250 - Pretty Good Boat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page