Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Association Business
 International Association Business
 Becoming an Official Catalina 25 Fleet ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ftworthsailor
Captain

Member Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Initially Posted - 03/11/2013 :  07:57:41  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
I have been asked by our Commodore of the Lake Worth Sailing Club, to research what it would take to become an official FLEET for Catalina 25’s. Do you have this information? Do you know where we need to apply to do this?

Lake Worth Sailing Club, www.lakeworthsailingclub.org, is currently a Catalina 22 Fleet (Fleet # 82) and now has 6 resident Catalina 25 boats. Our Catalina 22 Regatta Region 8 is scheduled for May 24-26 and we would like to open it up to Catalina 25’s.

Please advise.

Roy

Catalina 25, Hull #779, Built 1978, FK/SR "Miss Natalie"

Catalina 25, Hull #971, Built 1979, SK/SR,"Sea Legs"

"if we get lost, we'll just pull in somewhere and ask directions."

Edited by - on

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 03/11/2013 :  10:25:52  Show Profile
Roy,

We are glad to hear from you.
The Fleet Development Manual has the information about how to apply for a new fleet.
On our website:
click Home (left menu),
click Bylaws & Constitution (left menu),
click Fleet Development Manual (the link is near the top of the page).

Here's a direct link: [url="http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/Fleet_Development_Manual.html"](click here)[/url]

The Fleet Development Manual also references some additional links:
U.S. Sailing "Fleet Captain’s Manual" [url="http://racing.ussailing.org/Assets/Racing/One-Design/Fleet+Captain$!27s+Manual.pdf"](click here)[/url]
Catalina/Capri-25 Association Bylaws [url="http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/bylaws.asp"](click here)[/url]

Regarding your regatta in May.
We could sanction your local regatta, but that will take more discussion.
Please review the material and let me know.

Thanks,
Russ Johnson
Commodore

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 03/11/2013 :  11:29:08  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Russ,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have forwarded your response to Bill, our Commodore at LWSC and we are going to review the documents that you provided. Looking forward to getting this done quickly.

LETS DO THIS ! ! !

R

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 03/12/2013 :  11:43:14  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Russ,

Is it allowable to have an open fleet for DFW to include C-25's from several North Texas lakes? Or do these need to be home'd at one lake?

Roy

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Members Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Response Posted - 03/12/2013 :  13:21:49  Show Profile
Roy,

I sent you an email.
I hope this answers your questions.

Russ

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ftworthsailor
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
279 Posts

Response Posted - 03/12/2013 :  20:56:40  Show Profile  Visit ftworthsailor's Homepage
Yes! Sure does. Thanks for the info. I have submitted our application to become a new FLEET. Please advise.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page