Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Association Business
 International Association Business
 Sailmaker Posting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Commodore
Russ Johnson

Member Avatar

USA
690 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/13/2011 :  22:24:41  Show Profile
P.E.E.K.S.A.L.E.S

On Weds, Dec-8-2011, there was a post from an association member about this sailmaker.
That same day, there were several replies, some positive and some negative.
There was one post from a new forum user (who was a non-member).
This reply linked this sailmaker to a different sailmaker (who is now out-of-business).

On Thurs, Dec-9, I received a complaint from this sailmaker, stating the reply was untrue.

On Thurs, Dec-9, I updated the original post an marked it as hidden.
My intention was to determine the facts and remove the reply with the false claims.
Since there were other positive comments, I thought this was a fair alternative.
I also created a new post stating there was a complaint.

On Monday, Dec-12, a new post was created about a different topic.
Another reply was posted stating similar facts linking this sailmaker to the same out-of-business sailmaker.

Since that time, I have received several emails from this sailmaker.
Today, Dec-13, I received an email stating that the association and me personally will be named in a lawsuit if these posts are not removed.
The sailmaker also demanded all past and future references to their company be removed.

I don't believe this topic is worth the expense of legally defending the association or myself.
It has been a difficult decision, but I have decided to edit these posts.
I will contact the members involved individually.
In the future, all references to this sailmaker will be removed.

In the last 3 years, I have rarely gotten involved with forum posts.
So it is unusual for me to get involved with this post.

In general, please do not post negative comments about a business unless you have a personal experience.
I would like to remind everyone not to believe everything they read on the internet.

In this case in particular, I have no personal experience with this sailmaker.
I also have no personal experience with the now out-of-business sailmaker either.
I have been told this company is not owned by anyone with the last name of Murphy or Kelly.

I am asking for a personal appeal, please leave this guy alone. It's not worth it.

Edited by - on
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page