Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Putting floor in Catalina 25
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain Max
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
87 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/24/2012 :  10:06:41  Show Profile
One of the few things I don't like about my 84 Catalina 25 is the split level floor. I was planning to even it up with plywood which shouldn't be too hard. Then, I thought i might go ahead and put down a flooring. I can't afford to lay in actual wood and was looking at some marine vinyl products (or even Home Depot). Anybody have any experience with doing this?

Captain Max
"Wyvern"
84 Cat 25 FK
Bayview Marina
Dallas Tx Area

Edited by - on

Captain Max
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
87 Posts

Response Posted - 07/24/2012 :  10:14:56  Show Profile
I should add that I would want to use something that looked like teak or some wood matching the interior.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 07/24/2012 :  12:57:40  Show Profile
I've seen a vinyl product out there that looks like a teak floor, but I would not use it because it would have to be glued down. I put down carpet in the C25 we used to own. It's nice to walk on barefoot and minimizes the split level floor. Two yds eight ft. wide will be plenty. I selected a beige solid pattern with different colored flecks to show dirt less. Worked very well. It doesn't have to be marine carpet either, so you'll have many patterns from which to choose. This will cover up your bilge access boards, so no need to make them shiny either, just don't secure the carpet to the floor. You'll need to be able to pull it up easily.

Edited by - dmpilc on 07/24/2012 13:04:11
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2012 :  15:45:22  Show Profile
I sold my split floor and bought an 89 with a flat floor. Several are on the market.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sethp001
Mainsheet C-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

814 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2012 :  18:14:25  Show Profile
I used to not like the split floor either, but then I secured the table so that it could be left down with the leaf closed without falling over to port, and we started leaving it down without unfolding the leaf. And then I didn't mind the split floor. I'm looking to get an oriental rug to put down as a runner on the starboard side of the floor.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 07/25/2012 :  20:23:17  Show Profile
Come on down to Houston and I'll sell you my '89 with a trailer.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page