Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Interested in a Cat25
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
5235 Posts

Initially Posted - 08/30/2006 :  20:04:21  Show Profile
I live in coastal Connecticut and am interested in purchasing a boat before the summer is over.

I sail a 16' daysailor in LI Sound and want to venture out a little farther and a little longer - to Block, Newport and the Cape.

I met a couple in Milford who recently purchased a Catalina 25 from a gent in Mystic thru this group. What a gem! Once I saw it, I was hooked.

My wife and I are ready to take the next step.

If you're interested, you can reach me on bruce2sail@aol.com or thru this forum.

- Bruce in CT.

Edited by - on

rwdutton
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
52 Posts

Response Posted - 09/27/2006 :  18:16:03  Show Profile
Here is what I just posted on the website
We are reluctantly putting "Puff" up for "adoption".

[*]Description including year and hull number if possible. Description of modifications if known. Tall or Standard Rig and type of keel
1984 std rig, fin keel, hull number 4336
[*]Sails included in the sale; size, type, maker, age
two sets, most recent is a loose-footed main with full top batten (3 yrs old). The Genoa is a 153% one, four years old. Both are Banks Sails -- the loft is now part of North Sails
[*]Other amenities – electronics, specialty rigging, etc.
All lines lead aft to cockpit, main outhaul inside boom, boom vang, cunningham, custom back stay adjuster and main sheet traveler, extra mainsheet or spinnaker halyard. Depth and speed indicators. Two batteries. marine head. Cabin table folds up into bulkhead. Custom 17 foot carbon fiber whisker pole. Brand new compass (Danforth Saturn), cabin cover from Catalina Direct.
[*]Motor – Brand, year, size, condition – If applicable.
Merc 9.9, 1994, maintained by Milford Boat Works (Milford, CT) annually
[*]Trailer – Yes or No
No trailer ... cradle included
[*]Why are you selling
We are spending more time with daughter in Madison,WI and other daughter in Australia, as well as my mother in Gig Harbor, WA. Obviously we are not getting enough sail-time. We have enjoyed club racing her, but cannot get enough races in to qualify.
[*]How much do you want for it. or "make offer" etc
$8750 -- willing to share this winter's boatyard expenses and help get her ready for next year's launch.
[*]Location of the vessel currently
Sailing her from Westport, CT to Milford this Saturday, 29 Sept
[*]Has the vessel been sailed in Saltwater?
You betcha (new bottom coat this past spring)
[*]Your Name – people do not like dealing with forum names. Also Make sure your profile is fully updated if at all possible.
Bob Dutton. Picture available upon request. I will double check my profile
[*]Your email, phone number and best times to call
rwdutton@gmail.com, 203-222-1487, anytime this week, otherwise cell phone 203-829-1026

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Dutton
Puff #4336 84 SR/FK
Westport, CT

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 09/27/2006 :  20:07:17  Show Profile
Hi Bruce... I'm the "gent in Mystic" and I'm glad you were hooked. The couple who bought Passage has been making her even more of a gem. It sounds like Bob's might be another one. The lasting bonus is this site and this group. Post any questions on the C-25 or General forum--many experts are ready and anxious to help. I, for example, have become hooked to this site even though my C-25 has also been "adopted" by new parents who can put her to better use. As you could see, they're doing well by her.

By the way, my late wife and I moved up to Passage from a 17' O'Day Day Sailer. It's a perfect step up to a weekend keelboat, and a great boat for exploring Long Island Sound (and beyond). The standard rig and fin keel are the ideal combination for these waters. All I would add (which we had) is roller furling.

All the best in your quest!

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 09/27/2006 20:16:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page