Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 VHF Masthead Antenna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alippold
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
22 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/04/2019 :  15:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am installing a VHF masthead antenna. I am making good progress but have a question.

I would like to put the thru deck fitting just fore of the mast electrical connector. I have seen at least 2 pictures on the forum of other Cat 250s with it in that location.

However on my Cat 250, when looking at the bottom of that electrical connector (through hole for the starboard interior light), it appears that there may be additional electrical wires running forward from that connector. My guess is that they are going to the bow lights or the port interior light.

I certainly don't want to drill a hole through any wires. I made that mistake on a different project several years ago resulting in quite a bit of rewiring.

Does anyone know the details of where the standard wiring is located around the mast? Anyone have a vhf mast mounted antenna and have advise about where to locate the thru deck fitting?

Amber Waves

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Response Posted - 04/05/2019 :  08:51:30  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I installed a masthead VHF antenna last year. I did the same, the Coax cable connection point came through the deck just forward of the mast light electrical connection.

The wiring that runs through that area is for the masthead electrical items, the port overhead light as well as all of the lights on the port side (Bulkhead Light, Head light and in my case a compass light). I also have fans mounted on both sides of the mast support.

I drilled carefully and had no problems.

I do have some pictures I received from Catalina that has the entire layout of wiring laying against the underside of the deck prior to the interior liner being bonded to the deck. I have to find the pictures, by now they are probably off on some external drive somewhere. If I find them I will post and I will be at the boat this weekend, so, will try to get some pictures of my deck wiring hardware for mast items.

David Crosby "Small World"
'02 C250 WK #614
Go to Top of Page

dmarion
1st Mate

Members Avatar

Canada
67 Posts

Response Posted - 04/10/2019 :  06:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David, If you find the pictures Catalina sent you, I would be very interested. If you cannot locate the diagrams, can you tell me how you got them, i.e. whom you have contacted? Thanks.

Daniel Marion
Zendo
Cat 250 WB 2001 Hull #592
Valleyfield, QC,
Canada
Go to Top of Page

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Response Posted - 05/09/2019 :  10:05:32  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finally found the C250 wiring diagram and mold pictures.

David Crosby "Small World"
'02 C250 WK #614
Go to Top of Page

dmarion
1st Mate

Members Avatar

Canada
67 Posts

Response Posted - 05/10/2019 :  03:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, David. I will study them and maybe get into a new project.
Have a great season.

Daniel Marion
Zendo
Cat 250 WB 2001 Hull #592
Valleyfield, QC,
Canada
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page