Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Camaraderie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/22/2023 :  18:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So,

It seems that having regattas, local or national, may not be in the cards at this point. However, might it not be a good idea to have a "social gathering" where boats need not be dragged along but members of this association could get together, break bread and talk all things Catalina? If so let's discuss. I could possibly host one on South West Long Island Sound. Others elsewhere. Thoughts?

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 12/23/2023 :  22:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a potential participant in something in SW Connecticut/Westchester County NY on a weekend, or a host of something in SE CT/SW RI on a weekday. It doesn't take many to make a "luncheon"! (I've got waterside restaurants up the gazoo just off I-95.)

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 12/23/2023 22:39:59
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3368 Posts

Response Posted - 12/24/2023 :  06:35:50  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Even just two can make a luncheon. I recall many years ago, meeting Dave for lunch in Mystic and another time, my wife and I were on our way to visit a friend in Plymouth, Mass but we stopped earlier in the day to meet up with Dave and he gave us a water tour of Mystic Harbor.

I am too far away for a luncheon (Virginia) but you guys are close enough to pull one off!

Larry
'89 Robin's Nest#5820, Potomac River/Quantico, Va
http://catalina25.homestead.com/olarryr.html
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 12/26/2023 :  15:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Larry, you "organize" a DC area get-together.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3368 Posts

Response Posted - 12/26/2023 :  22:35:39  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having a get-together in the Wash DC area is fine but I do not believe we have any members in my area that are active on the Forum or at least not been active this past year.

Two other possibilities:

(1) We could have a virtual luncheon via a zoom call. Then distances between members nota big factor for getting together. But in order for it to be successful, probably best to establish some topics to discuss - Topics that would tend to encourage discussion among all versus only one or two participating.

(2) What I know has worked in the past for some of us but perhaps needs to be brought up from time to time to keep it going is during the sailing season, encourage those visiting or vacationing to other localities to make contacts with Forum Members/Port Hosts for potential get-togethers for sailing or as suggested "break bread and talk all things Catalina?".

Bringing this back to the original post - Rcmd start with exploring potential for a South West Long Island Sound get-together. This would seem to be one of the major sailing areas in the country pulling boaters from the New York/Connecticut regions.

Larry
'89 Robin's Nest#5820, Potomac River/Quantico, Va
http://catalina25.homestead.com/olarryr.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page