Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Top Reasons To Join Our Association
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

piseas
Former Treasurer

Member Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/03/2008 :  21:31:53  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
<font color="navy">By joining this top rated group, you will be entitled to a

substantial discount on your BoatUS membership.

To get your discounts, go to the Assn Members Area at the top right hand corner of this screen.

Log in. Don't use your forum user-name/password! Use the user name and password in the membership letter you were sent!

Click on Boat US/US Sailing Discounts

There is a discount code for Boat US.

You can also get $50 off a new outboard motor thru www.onlineoutboards.com.

Finally how about being able to fly our Association burgee. They are only $21 s&h inc.

More reasons to join will follow.....
<font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana"><font size="6"></font id="size6"></font id="navy">

Steve Auerbach, Treasurer

Previous Owner
PiSeas II
2003 C250 WK #692
Newport Beach, CA

Edited by - piseas on 06/22/2010 12:24:33

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2008 :  21:59:08  Show Profile
Reason #2 - You get great advice from people who know our boats!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2008 :  22:02:17  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
I don't know how many of the links I set up still exist, but by clicking on them ( see the links page) if they still work you can also help the association by getting them a referral fee.

It isn't much, but it helps the association finance some of the off season meet and greets, some cruising opportunities and help offset some of the dues. (

Keep this in mind when you start your holiday shopping. Note: this includes the google ads and amazon ads that pop up too. (edit: what happened to the google and amazon ads? just noticed they are gone - they were bringing in the most revenue out of all of the groups?)

Edited by - Champipple on 12/03/2008 22:04:10
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2008 :  22:16:49  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
Duane, sorry to have to say this but they were removed. Apparently

the ads interfered with clicking the back button. But as the new

Treasurer, the revenue was not that much from the ads.

Steve Auerbach, Treasurer

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2008 :  22:49:04  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
We only removed them from the Forum Pages, they are still active on the others.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2008 :  22:57:23  Show Profile
Reason #3: (Google and Amazon or no Google and Amazon) You can become part of <i>the</i> most supportive, unpretentious, active, and friendly sailing community on the net! (Actually I submit that's #2, and Randy's is #1.)

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 12/03/2008 22:58:40
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2008 :  23:19:49  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> You can become part of the most supportive, unpretentious, active, and friendly sailing community on the net! (Actually I submit that's #2, and Randy's is #1<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hear, hear.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JohnP
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

1519 Posts

Response Posted - 12/04/2008 :  09:11:17  Show Profile
Reason #4:

I travel to other cities a few times a year for my work, and I have been fortunate to go sailing with other gracious Association Members on their C-25/C-250 boats out of Mission Bay (CA), Washington DC, Newport Beach (CA), and Brisbane (CA), and have reciprocated so far with one member.

It's been a thrill, let me tell you!

Our Members have diverse sailing venues and boat setups, both of which make visiting another Association Member a fun, learning experience.

I would like to invite any Members who are visiting in the DC area to contact me ahead of time so we can try to plan a day sail together on the Chesapeake Bay. Remember, you do the sailing, and I relax and watch the scenery!!!

Edited by - JohnP on 12/04/2008 10:36:17
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 12/04/2008 :  16:07:24  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
OK, OK, Note I changed the Title of this post. Randy's is #1 and Dave is #2, unless the rest of you have better ones!
Steve A
PS. My #1 wasn't meant to be in order of importance! I am glad you guys have chimed in.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

JimB517
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
3285 Posts

Response Posted - 12/04/2008 :  16:45:35  Show Profile  Visit JimB517's Homepage
Pay a little extra and fly a really cool burgee on your boat!

Get an interesting magazine.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

aeckhart
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1709 Posts

Response Posted - 12/05/2008 :  14:46:05  Show Profile  Visit aeckhart's Homepage
There have been a number of letters to the editor in Sailing Magazine recently, disparaging the Auxiliary and some of it's more zealous members. I have been a member myself for several years but am giving some thought to resigning. Not because of the organization though. It has some issues but......I am having trouble lately sailing my own boat let alone fulfilling the Auxiliaries education, training, and work requirements. A great organization if have the time and energy to commit.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

KD4AO
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
202 Posts

Response Posted - 12/08/2008 :  11:44:14  Show Profile
Reason #5 You get a subscription to a really great magazine, "MAINSHEET".

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 12/29/2008 :  14:31:00  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
Another reason to join is to keep this Association alive. The $22 you pay goes toward paying the bills. Once you become a member, you will be able to review our financial statements. You will see we have a very small year end surplus. This is not a money making venture. All the officers are UNPAID. We are very fortunate to have 1 paid administrative staff member who does lots of work for us at a very reasonable cost to us.
Please make joining a New Years Resolution.
Thank You,
Steve A

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page