Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 CDI furler and sail combo
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SailormanCGA72
1st Mate

Member Avatar

77 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/04/2005 :  17:42:16  Show Profile
I want to replace the old headsail with a new CDI flexible furler and a new sail that is made for the furler. Does anyone know where I can go to get a package deal? If that is not feasible, then is there a sailmaker that has an off the shelf 135 genoa to fit the CDI furler? I live in the Houston area.

Steve S.
"Myot CynPat" 82 TRWK conversion Hull No. 3002

Edited by - on

Dave Laux
Captain

Members Avatar

318 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2005 :  17:48:39  Show Profile
Almost all of the sailmakers can supply a 135 RF for a Cat 25. You want a CDI FF-4 furler. Dave

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ed Montague
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
499 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2005 :  18:38:29  Show Profile
Try thesailwarehouse.com , they are located in Monterey, CA. I purchased my furler and sail combo from them and have been pleased. Get the roller bearing upgrade, the CCI FF4 is the standard for our C25's. However, there are other makers, Harken being, IMHO, the top.

Edited by - Ed Montague on 02/04/2005 18:42:35
Go to Top of Page

tmhansen
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
397 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2005 :  01:45:34  Show Profile  Visit tmhansen's Homepage
I already had a sail but purchased a furler (CDI FF4 with ball bearings)from North Sails. At the time they had the best pricing. I also got a quote on a genoa at the time. Cruising Direct I think is what they call the division. I got the CDI because it was more forgiving than the rigid one that I bent on my first attempt to raise the mast.

Edited by - tmhansen on 02/05/2005 01:48:03
Go to Top of Page

aeckhart
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1709 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2005 :  09:55:23  Show Profile  Visit aeckhart's Homepage
I just purchased a Schaeffer Snap Furl (Schaeffer's version of the flexible furler) from North Sails. They are cutting down my 150 to a 135 and assembling the furler, all for $750. The package includes UV cloth and luff stiffener on the sail. The furler was a little more than other places - $650, but I got a great deal on sail mods for my main, 110, and 150. These include full battens for the main and setting up my 110 like the 135, for the furler.

Al
GALLIVANT #5801

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Jeff Howe
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 02/08/2005 :  19:52:32  Show Profile
I purchased a CDI Furler and 135% for my Irwin 30 from Cruising Direct in Rhode Island. They had the best "package" price. The sail had a CDI logo in the corner of the tack (at the bottom of the logo, in fine print, it said "Manufactured and Serviced by North Sails"). What they do is take an order and then look at the workload of all the North lofts in the US and then place the order with the loft that is slowest at the time. My sail was constructed by the North loft in San Diego, CA. I recommend calling them (they were hugely helpful) and visit their web site....888-424-7328 www.cruisingdirect.com
I don't work for them, get paid for this, or....they advertise in all the sailing mags...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page