Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 OT - Ultimate 30
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Member Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/19/2006 :  12:44:42  Show Profile
I just learned that this boat will be racing at my old lake in southern Indiana next summer and thought some of the racers especially might enjoy seeing it.

This is one of the original Ultimate 30's constructed for the Ultimate pro Sailing circuit. It has a 30 foot hull, 48 foot mast, 16 foot beam/racks, and <u>24 foot bowsprit</u>. It was designed by Ian Murray, and is basically an Aussie 18 skiff on steroids. It was designed to have 4 sets of sails - #1 thru #4 main/jibs, and both masthead and fractional spinnakers. Each set were intended for different wind conditions. There is a hydraulic ram under the mast base that generates massive pre-bend in the mast. The boat's rating is <u>minus</u> 30 PHRF. I wouldn't be surprised to see it lapping the J24 fleet regularly.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore

Edited by - on
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page