Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 No holes depth finder ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob Jack
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
58 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/05/2007 :  17:44:00  Show Profile
Got a new 250 W/B ( lots of projects to deal with)and I wonder if I can mount a depth finder transducer to the bilge floor somewhere...Is there anyplace where the hull is not double..if not will it shoot through both layers...?
I really don't want to hang it off the transom for the obvious reason...(Who cares how deep it is where you've already been..?)and drilling a hole in a double hull doesn't sound like a good idea either. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Bob

Bob

Edited by - on

Bob Jack
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
58 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2007 :  18:06:22  Show Profile
I just found this link (after I made my post ,of course) and it looks like this square area under the V-Berth is the place I was looking for...The place where the two surfaces come together to make one thick hull bottom....So...Now the question is whether or not it'll shoot through that thick glass...?.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Bob Jack
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
58 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2007 :  18:07:08  Show Profile
Here's the link
http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/tech/tech250/mmdepth.asp

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

bear
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
909 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2007 :  18:33:40  Show Profile
Bob, The preferred place is the recessed area right under the V berth cover. I believe most of us use the transponder type that reads through the hull, no holes. I mounted mine in toilet bowl sealer last year and it worked the nuts. There are plenty of posts on this forum on this subject. I don't remember the model number but I believe what I bought was a Garmin fish finder/depth finder ftom West Marine.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page