Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Stove Pot Holders
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cat1951
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
636 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/27/2007 :  13:42:41  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone has this experience and a solution. I am going to put in a two burner propane stove by mounting it on the cutting board that sits in the cutout for the alcohol stove. The board has cutouts in it to keep it from sliding off of the supports so that is covered. What I am looking for is some way to hold pots and pans on the top of the stove grill so they don't slide off. Most of what I have seen on the internet sites show pot holders for specific stoves.

Anyone have any ideas what might make a good system?

Mike
Grand Lake, OK
N.O. Catalina 25 #4849
In my opinion 75% of the earth is water for a reason. That's why I sail.

Edited by - on

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 04/27/2007 :  17:28:31  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
We have this style of [url="http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/ln_menu/product.asp/mode/1/product_id/15143/Ntt/pot+holder/N/0/Dx/mode+matchallpartial/Nty/1/R/4241/D/pot+holder/catalog_name/FISCO/Ntx/mode+matchpartial+rel+Inactive/act/A01/Ntk/All"]holders[/url] on our C-250. You can find the rail that it attaches to on this same site, or manufacture some out of aluminum bar stock.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

cat1951
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
636 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2007 :  07:04:48  Show Profile
David,
I had consdered these,or some just like them. I just couldn't see by the picture how they attached. I am thinking about mounting a bar or something similar just like you indicated. I am fairly confident I can figure something out once I have a pair to work with. Looking at several different types, I find that they are more pricey than I was expecting. Gee who would have thought....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

delliottg

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2007 :  10:12:32  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Hah, it's a boat, expensive by default. I just bought three small pieces of hardware yesterday, and it came to $70. You'd think stainless steel was a rare commodity.

I may have some pictures of the interior of my boat that shows the rail, if not I'll try to take one today, although we're debating going out for the weekend, so I may not get to it till later this evening when we're actually using it.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

delliottg

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2007 :  10:16:17  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Here you go:

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

cat1951
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
636 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2007 :  15:39:14  Show Profile
Thanks David, that is exactly what I needed. The only thing I can't tell from the picture is what shape the crossbar is on the bracket. Is is square, or round, or another shape?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

delliottg

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 04/28/2007 :  16:24:42  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
It's rectangular in cross section, maybe 1/8" x 3/4" WxH?.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

cat1951
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
636 Posts

Response Posted - 04/29/2007 :  06:19:59  Show Profile
Got it ...thanks.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ClamBeach
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3072 Posts

Response Posted - 04/29/2007 :  09:22:15  Show Profile
"I find that they are more pricey than I was expecting"

Yeah, they are pretty proud of a couple pieces of stainless rod and a couple thumbscrews aren't they? Have you looked at RV suppliers yet? They often have similar stuff at a lot less cost.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

aeckhart
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1709 Posts

Response Posted - 04/29/2007 :  12:47:02  Show Profile  Visit aeckhart's Homepage
Or you can get some inexpensive flat stock at any hardware store.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

cat1951
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
636 Posts

Response Posted - 04/29/2007 :  18:29:00  Show Profile
I will certainly look before I jump. I just can't see justification in the cost. Although, they are "marine" hardware, so I guess it figures. I will look the the RV places first. At the rate they charge for the pot holders, they will be more expensive than the coleman 2 burner that I am adding to the galley.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page